Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Another DVD not playing question
Peter Podder
Member Location: Long Island, N.Y. Joined: Dec 03, 2016 16:13 Messages: 116 Offline
[Post New]
Someday I hope to contribute more than just asking questions and actually contribute constructively....such is the life of a noob I suppose.

I'll preface by saying that I did search for and read all I could find on this subject but still require assistance.

I had some very old video that I clipped, edited and produced using PD 15. Disc created with Windows 7/ 64 tool. At the time I was more familiar with that than PD create disc tool.

Disc plays perfectly on newer Samsung BD f5900 Smart BluRay 3D machine as one would suspect.

Disc will not play on 2 older machines however.

At the time I thought that all discs/machines should play if one plays. Noob on this too.

Machine 1 is older Samsung DVD P241 and Machine 2 is Samsung V9650 also older.

Disc is Verbatim DVD +R Life Series 4.7g 16x

Attached are the players disc spec pages and a small clip of video.

Another key to this dilema is that the finished disc is a gift to 2 people in different cities so machines are impossible to test realtime and both parties are reluctant to modernize. If it aint broke dont upgrade is the thought.

Is there a high percentage probable solution that can be attained with PD 15 ? Type of disc ? Format ?

Maybe there is something obvious that I am doing/did that can be altered.

Dear God in heaven I hope so !

Thanks in advance

Scott
[Thumb - Samsung DVD P241.PNG]
 Filename
Samsung DVD P241.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
690 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
14 time(s)