Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
ColorDirector 5 stopped loading in Win 10 ! FIXED
Kyle 40
Contributor Location: Cumbria Joined: Sep 06, 2013 14:14 Messages: 467 Offline
[Post New]
Very strange one, this is!

I bought Director Suite 5 package a week in January and I've really been pleased with it, just my i5 PC is really underpowered to cope with all my video workload.... but it'll be replaced at some point.

I've only just finished my second project in Director Suite 5 using ColorDirector to finalise a short film (19 mins duration) by using LUTs + a tweak of exposure.

It all worked perfectly well, as usual. The following day though, ColourDirector would not load past its Splash Screen!

Nowthis is the strange thing as another Cyberlink programe, PhotoDirector, will also not load past Splash Screen!

I have to use Windows Task Manager to close down both progs.

I haven't changed anything but it made me wonder if my McAfee, Anti Virus programe has decided it didn't like some of the Cyberlink coding. So that is now switched off.

Both the unresponsive progs are part of Director Suite 5 which I purchased a couple weeks ago.

The next thing I've tried is an uninstall, then installation of the complete package. Still the same thing.

This is not a good thing for me as I've lots of videos to get through!

Has anyone else had a similar issue?

Cheers

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 13. 2017 14:48

I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
Alain II [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 20, 2015 01:34 Messages: 136 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Very strange one, this is!

I bought Director Suite 5 package a week in January and I've really been pleased with it, just my i5 PC is really underpowered to cope with all my video workload.... but it'll be replaced at some point.

I've only just finished my second project in Director Suite 5 using ColorDirector to finalise a short film (19 mins duration) by using LUTs + a tweak of exposure.

It all worked perfectly well, as usual. The following day though, ColourDirector would not load past its Splash Screen!

Nowthis is the strange thing as another Cyberlink programe, PhotoDirector, will also not load past Splash Screen!

I have to use Windows Task Manager to close down both progs.

I haven't changed anything but it made me wonder if my McAfee, Anti Virus programe has decided it didn't like some of the Cyberlink coding. So that is now switched off.

Both the unresponsive progs are part of Director Suite 5 which I purchased a couple weeks ago.

The next thing I've tried is an uninstall, then installation of the complete package. Still the same thing.

This is not a good thing for me as I've lots of videos to get through!

Has anyone else had a similar issue?

Cheers

Hi Kyle,

Not necessarly in Director Suite but in my PD14 Ultimate approx. 70% of the titles, particles and other transitions disappeared suddenly last week. I have contact with the tech support at Cyberlink and they are looking into it since a couple of days now.

I suspect a bug or a conflict with a program installed just recently. Not sure I can roll back the Windows 7 pro OS?

You can roll back your Windows OS and reinstall all suite progs from your HD or from Cyberlink?

Alain II
Kyle 40
[Post New]
Hi Alain II

Thanks for your reply.

Think I may have found the soloution to this problem!

This is even more incredible !!

I still have Director Suite 4 on my hard drive and both ColorDirector & PhotoDirector wont load even though they have done so in the past. I uninstalled this Suite 4, ticked the options to REMOVE ALL SETTINGS from D.S. 4. I still have the back up CD for Director Suite 4 (we all get a back up CD, don't we? ) I then loaded the CD onto my desktop. Then reloaded all the software from the desk top ( this is an old idea from when CD drives weren't as reliable as they are now).

After loading was finished I first tried to run PhotoDirector. For the first Time "EVER" a warning message was displayed which gave a short list of possible problems all of which suggested that the VGA driver needed replacing/updating.

Never ever seen a warning OR error message like this from Cyberlinkbut it was welcome as I now had an idea what to do next!

Opening up the Device Manarger, selecting Display, I selected the "Uninstall driver". After this I then selected the Re-install using the Windows search Tinternet function but this produced another error! I did a manual down load from Nvidia then double clicking the zip file and just let it do the rest.

Now both ColorDirector & PhotoDirector load fully in both Director Suite 4 & 5.

In the past when new Nvidia drivers were causing big problems with the functionality of all components in Director Suite we/I stayed with an older driver that worked and never had any problems like this!

I wonder what has changed.

The important things is that both ColourDirector & PhotoDirector now work for me.

Cheers All I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
Kyle 40
[Post New]
Hi Kyle,

Not necessarly in Director Suite but in my PD14 Ultimate approx. 70% of the titles, particles and other transitions disappeared suddenly last week. I have contact with the tech support at Cyberlink and they are looking into it since a couple of days now.

I suspect a bug or a conflict with a program installed just recently. Not sure I can roll back the Windows 7 pro OS?

You can roll back your Windows OS and reinstall all suite progs from your HD or from Cyberlink?

Alain II

Hi Alan

Sorry I didn't really reply to your question.

I would try a roll back in Windows 7, if you haven't downloaded any programes since your last safe point, you'll be OK.

I did try a roll back with Win 10 but for some reason the drivers were still causing the problem.

The next thing you can try is a complete re-install of PowerDirector, I would suggest to delete your settings. A bit of a pain to go in and redo them all but it does appear to allow Cyberlink to have a good clear out of old files. We've all had to do this at some pointinnocent

Happy editing. I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.