Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can I download PD15 to a second computer?
paulbamforth [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 22, 2016 06:03 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
My laptop has died and looks like I cant recover any files or software. I recently upgraded to PD15 and am hoping I can pop it on my spare laptop until I can get my main one working or buy another.

Anyone else had to do this?
[Post New]
Quote My laptop has died and looks like I cant recover any files or software. I recently upgraded to PD15 and am hoping I can pop it on my spare laptop until I can get my main one working or buy another.

Anyone else had to do this?

I have heard that you can install on another computer and activate with the key and it will work. However, you are licensed for use on ONE computer. If you have to re-download the installation files, you may have to go through Cyberlink. If you registered the software, I don't expect you'll have any problem.

I had to uninstall and re-install on the same PC with some upgraded parts and I had no trouble (that I know of....).

Len
[Post New]
Quote My laptop has died and looks like I cant recover any files or software.

Always, always burn a back-up copy of the software you buy.

Or... not, you can always pay again for it.

Keep in mind that you can activate the CL software only on one computer. AFAIK activating on the new one will de-activate it on the previous one.
paulbamforth [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 22, 2016 06:03 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the replies guys.

I only want to use on one computer so will get in contact with Cybermedia and see if they can help.
gypsycomp [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 16, 2016 10:02 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thanks for the replies guys.

I only want to use on one computer so will get in contact with Cybermedia and see if they can help.

I'm curious, were you ever able to get intouch with Cyberlink? What did they say?
CKAJohn [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Nova Scotia Joined: Feb 20, 2017 06:59 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Im Curious to know as well.

I recently purchased a new Laptop, and want to move my software to that PC.

I uninstalled all of my software from my old pc to ensure its not being used there.

I reached out to Cyberlink, but I've yet to hear from them.

My new pc does not have a cd rom drive, so the disk I purchased is basically useless to me now.

Id just like to get my download links so I can get the ball rolling.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Im Curious to know as well.

I recently purchased a new Laptop, and want to move my software to that PC.

I uninstalled all of my software from my old pc to ensure its not being used there.

I reached out to Cyberlink, but I've yet to hear from them.

My new pc does not have a cd rom drive, so the disk I purchased is basically useless to me now.

Id just like to get my download links so I can get the ball rolling.
It would be possible to buy a USB CD/DVD Drive.

Search for 'External DVD Drives' on Amazon or Google. They are around $25 USD or so in the USA.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 20. 2017 10:57

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.