Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Monitor connection/calibration
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I have a 19 inch and an 9 inch monitor(s).
Shortly I have a new GTX960 4GB (single fan 7") card coming to replace my GTX660 1.5GB card.
Does it matter which card either monitor is plugged into, the GTX or the integrated 4600?
and...

How is everybody calibrating their colors? I have been using the Windows in-house method but it never quite gets it spot-on, and I tweak the 9 inch monitor to match a photograph I printed.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 02. 2017 12:28

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have a 19 inch and an 9 inch monitor(s).
Shortly I have a new GTX960 4GB (single fan 7") card coming to replace my GTX660 1.5GB card.
Does it matter which card either monitor is plugged into, the GTX or the integrated 4600?
and...

How is everybody calibrating their colors? I have been using the Windows in-house method but it never quite gets it spot-on, and I tweak the 9 inch monitor to match a photograph I printed.

Windows in-hous or the built in color management system are both pretty good. I had issues whenever I used my printer's adjustments - more my not understanding the controls for printing images.

I have used "Spider" in the past but they didn't upgrade thier product for Windows 10. I bought and am using "Xrite Color Munki Smile (ca $100) to adjust the monitor I have .

Can't you plug both monitors into the GTX card?

9 inch monitor ! How can you see much.wink .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
If I plug both into the GTX does that not shutdown Quicksync? Of course I never tested anything to see if QS is really any help! I just know if I don't use both cards QS is de-activated.

As for the 9" monitor, it is used exclusively as my preview, it's a great setup. I am only upgrading my GTX for better timeline fluidity when I alter colors, use FX, you know the drill. Now if I alter anything it's just a real pain in me arse.

PS: I have even recently found a free software that allows me to use my tablet as a wireless 3rd monitor, very cool. I am going to add that to my website soon.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Feb 02. 2017 13:24

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT