Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Blurring a video
Spies12345 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 16, 2015 19:00 Messages: 34 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I have taken some footage at a school concert. The footage has up to 50 kids dancing. In Australia, you are not able to publish videos of children unless the faces are masked. There are so many faces in the video, that I need to blur the entire image.

I have tried using the "Blur" effect in PD14, but it is a bit extreme.

I'd appreciate any other suggestions you have,

Thanks, Andrew Sony AX53 camera / 4 Panasonic HC-V270 cameras / PD14 / I7-6700 /
GTX 1060 TURBO / 16G RAM
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
You can click the "Effect" button just above the timeline and change the "Degree" of the blur from the default of 5 to 2. You could also use the "Gaussan Blur" effect which has the same controls but at the 2 level appears to be a little lighter.

Jeff
Spies12345 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 16, 2015 19:00 Messages: 34 Offline
[Post New]
Quote You can click the "Effect" button just above the timeline and change the "Degree" of the blur from the default of 5 to 2. You could also use the "Gaussan Blur" effect which has the same controls but at the 2 level appears to be a little lighter.

Jeff

Thanks Geoff, works great.

Is there someway I can drop the same effect over every snippet in the timeline without doing each individually?

Also, is there a way to change the default to 2

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 28. 2017 21:57

Sony AX53 camera / 4 Panasonic HC-V270 cameras / PD14 / I7-6700 /
GTX 1060 TURBO / 16G RAM
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Instead of placing the effect on the clip, place it on the Fx track right below track 1. You can then stretch the right end of the effect to encompass all your clips.

Default value is fixed.

Jeff
glowx231 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 19, 2015 12:06 Messages: 32 Offline
[Post New]
"Also, is there a way to change the default to 2"

On both BLURS you can reduce this value to 1 or 0 (no effect).

You might also try NewBlue Soft Focus effect for more subtlety.