Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Burning DVDs
A_J_123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 07, 2016 07:15 Messages: 44 Offline
[Post New]
I am relatively new to Powerdirector, maybe about a year. I had 14 and upgraded to 15. I've been able to create videos and output to MP4s to play on my computer but last weekend I tried to burn a DVD. I never tried this on 14 and so don't know how that behaved. What I was doing was loading projects. AT first I was delighted because the chapters created in the projects showed up and even had the names I gave them. I thought "well integrated", chose a menu and set it to burn a DVD, rewritable in case something went wrong. It got to about 20% and then PDR.exe is no longer working. I tried again making sure everything else was switched off in case a screensaver or something had interrupted it but the same result. Now I'm a PAL user with 25fps and the projects were 24fps which is what my camera takes. So I tried resaving the projects as 25fps and burning again. It froze at 2%. I had "fit to disk" on so I deleted all bar one of the projects and left it at HQ. Crashed somewhere around 20% again. I took off the menu and it looked as though it worked but only the first chapter was there. I deticked the disc burning option and went for an ISO but same result. Has anyone safely burned a bog standard DVD and if so what did you do differently from me? Thanks for any help.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 25. 2017 16:54

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
I have burned a standard DVD with PD 15. I works if you you take the default settings.

With your project on the timeline.

Click Create Disc on top of the User Interface.

Click 2D Disc Tab> select DVD (I am using 4.7 GB).

Click Menu Preferences Tab, I am using "Template 1". I uncheck include Menu Opening Video.

You may are may not have that Menu, as I have many Menus from previous versions of Powerdirector. I believe this one came with PD 15.

Click Burn in 2D (lower Right button).

You have three options on this window.

1. Burn to disc

2. Save as Disc image

3. Create a folder

Burn to disc writes to the disc in your burner, the other two options create to your hard drive. You can use any one or two. (I do not recommend using all three at the same time). Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

A_J_123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Carl,

Thanks for your reply. I can see only one difference. You have a project on the timeline. I was trying to load projects directly in the Create disc page. It did recognise them because I saw all the chapters appear on the menu setup. I'll have a go with one on the timeline and see what happens but how would I be able to have, say, three projects on the DVD?

Thanks,

ALisdair.

Quote I have burned a standard DVD with PD 15. I works if you you take the default settings.

With your project on the timeline.

Click Create Disc on top of the User Interface.

Click 2D Disc Tab> select DVD (I am using 4.7 GB).

Click Menu Preferences Tab, I am using "Template 1". I uncheck include Menu Opening Video.

You may are may not have that Menu, as I have many Menus from previous versions of Powerdirector. I believe this one came with PD 15.

Click Burn in 2D (lower Right button).

You have three options on this window.

1. Burn to disc

2. Save as Disc image

3. Create a folder

Burn to disc writes to the disc in your burner, the other two options create to your hard drive. You can use any one or two. (I do not recommend using all three at the same time).
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
You are trying to make Titles. That is three separate projects on one DVD.

I have problems in PD 14 and PD 15 to create DVDs using Titles. If you instead use Chapters the DVD works as intended.

I knows chapters does not give the same result, in that you would have to walk through a lot of chapters to select a different Title.

. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

A_J_123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Carl,

That is correct. At least I am not doing anything wrong but that looks like a feature needing fixed in PD.

Thanks for the feedback.

Alisdair.

Quote You are trying to make Titles. That is three separate projects on one DVD.

I have problems in PD 14 and PD 15 to create DVDs using Titles. If you instead use Chapters the DVD works as intended.

I knows chapters does not give the same result, in that you would have to walk through a lot of chapters to select a different Title.