Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
freezing and slowmo video
[Post New]
I'm trying to edit some online drum lesson content.
I have a main HD overhead camcorder which is in the main timeline, another camcorder recording what the bass drum is doing and an audio track via a mixer all pre-mixed in Sonar4.

I have a logo watermark running through the entire clip (only just over 2 minutes long) in PiP track2 and some title tracks before each of the four exercises.

My problem is upon playback the media just freezes in about 2 seconds and also plays in slowmotion most of the time so even though i do have the two cameras in sync it looks like they are way out - i have to render each time to pinpoint faults which is taking forever - i have about 450 clips to do and the first one has taken me about 6 hours so far.

The other huge problem is the PiP2 bass drum media - when i need to adjust the clip slightly i can't - it moves about a second when i want half a second etc??

I have the playback on low res so i can't think of anything else to do?

Any help would be really appreciated

Thanks
Dan New drum lessons website launching Jan/Feb '09
OnTheWeb1
Contributor Location: Michigan USA Joined: Jan 02, 2009 12:58 Messages: 511 Offline
[Post New]
You may want to defrag your harddisk/video clips. The editing process is intensive and that will improve the hardisk read efficiency.

Do you have enough RAM? Are your processors maxxed-out when you experience the slo-motion? Are there other apps running at the time that could be conflicting?

I'm not sure about the 1/2 second adjustment of the clip, others may be able to answer that. Win8 64-bit Pro Retail
Intel i7-4770
16GB DDR3 1600 8-8-8-24
MSI Z87-G45 Motherboard
ASUS GTX 660 Direct CU II OC 2GB GPU
1 TB RAID 1 (mirrored) Drive Array
Several scratch drives for video, TMP, pagefile.