Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Taskbar appears during Cyberlink PowerDVD full screen playback
daveydaver34 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: UK Joined: Jan 19, 2017 13:37 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
This doesn't happen when playing discs, only files.

Whenever I play a video file from my hard drive with Cyberlink PowerDVD 12 it launches in fullscreen fine, but after a couple of seconds the taskbar appears over the video. This usual happens just after the upper and lower playback controls hide from view. I then have to click into the program to bring the video to the foreground. It makes no difference whether I have Always on Top enabled within PowerDVD itself or have the Auto Hide the taskbar enabled or disabled.

No other programs seem to have this problem.The catch all solution would be to find a way to hide the slither of the taskbar that appears when auto hide the taskbar is enabled. I found a program that would do this but wouldn't hide the start button, so it wasn't really all that useful.Alternatively I would like to at least get PowerDVD 12 to stop doing this as it is the only program I'm actually having the issue with

Please would anyone be able to advise?

I can record it happening if that helps.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 23. 2017 14:03

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
You may not be explaining this properly. The controls appear because your mouse jitters and you left the mouse cursor on the play button of the PDVD.

Try this: The next time after you hit the play button on PDVD move the cursor to the center of the screen and leave it.

Let us know if this fix your problem.
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
The windows taskbar is hidden on PDVD is fullscreen on a 16:9 monitor. It is not necessary for the taskbar to be hidden on a 16:10 monitor. That is why people pay extra money for the 200 or so extra pixels so they can see the controls and taskbar for the more expensive monitor. I have one before.
daveydaver34 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote You may not be explaining this properly. The controls appear because your mouse jitters and you left the mouse cursor on the play button of the PDVD.

Try this: The next time after you hit the play button on PDVD move the cursor to the center of the screen and leave it.

Let us know if this fix your problem.

This has nothing to do with the mouse I can assure you. I always move it away from the controls and I even turn it off so it can't possibly move. My problem is essentially that after a few seconds of play, the PowerDVD controls hide like they should do but almost immediately after the Windows task bar pops up. The PowerDVD controls do not reappear unless I move the mouse as they supposed to.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 21. 2017 08:58

daveydaver34 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote The windows taskbar is hidden on PDVD is fullscreen on a 16:9 monitor. It is not necessary for the taskbar to be hidden on a 16:10 monitor. That is why people pay extra money for the 200 or so extra pixels so they can see the controls and taskbar for the more expensive monitor. I have one before.

I'm running my PC through my TV, not a monitor. While it is 16:9 aspect ratio, the Windows Task Bar should not reappear in fullscreen regardless of the aspect ratio in use. The PowerDVD controls work fine, but PowerDVD should always stay on top of the Windows Task Bar.
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote This does happen when playing discs, only files.

I found a program that would do this but wouldn't hide the start button, so it wasn't really all that useful.

You don’t need any program to auto hide the task bar. Right mouse click on the taskbar. Click on Properties and check Auto hide the taskbar. Hit OK to exit. That should do it on a 16:9 display or tv in your case.

I do not have any such problems on my PDVD12. There are player settings you can change. There probably is a bug in the software that affects it on your computer. It may be the OS, video card, and driver combination, etc. Are you hitting the z key to toggle the full screen mode? I do that to ensure that it is in the full screen mode.

No one else has responded to this. You need to start a ticket on this through Cyberlink technical support for best help. Maybe the moderator can also help here.
daveydaver34 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote This does happen when playing discs, only files.

I found a program that would do this but wouldn't hide the start button, so it wasn't really all that useful.

You don’t need any program to auto hide the task bar. Right mouse click on the taskbar. Click on Properties and check Auto hide the taskbar. Hit OK to exit. That should do it on a 16:9 display or tv in your case.

I do not have any such problems on my PDVD12. There are player settings you can change. There probably is a bug in the software that affects it on your computer. It may be the OS, video card, and driver combination, etc. Are you hitting the z key to toggle the full screen mode? I do that to ensure that it is in the full screen mode.

No one else has responded to this. You need to start a ticket on this through Cyberlink technical support for best help. Maybe the moderator can also help here.

I tried to attach a video but it doesn't seem to have worked. I know about 'Auto Hide Taskbar and it leaves the top edge of the taskbar visiable, which is annoying on a big screen. PDVD12 is definately runnng in full screen, but the taskbar pops up over the top of it. PDVD stays in full screen through out. It might be something in the background causing it, but I have no idea what it might be.

How do I start a ticket? This is the first time I have ever tried to use the forum.
daveydaver34 [Avatar]
[Post New]
https://1drv.ms/v/s!ArvEEXeVXz2ri3Lklk7LpCBYCjhc

Hopefully this will link to a video deonstration of what I mean.
daveydaver34 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I've just downloaded a free trial of version 16, my current version is 12, to test a different issue i've been having and it would seem that version 16 might not have this problem. There is hope for the future although I'm not planning to upgrade until more substantial features are added or improved upon. If anyone can provide me with any further assistance with version 12 I would be gratefully.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 31. 2017 14:33

daveydaver34 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I've just download a trial for version 17 and can confirm once and for all that this particular problem has been resolved. I am sorry to say other features are still lacking.