Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 7.3.4617 stopped playing Blu-rays!
Janne [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 29, 2008 16:08 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
So PowerDVD just stopped playing Blu-rays. When I press play in PowerDVD it tries to read disk and then just does nothing! I can still view normal DVD's but none of my Blu-ray disks are working.

Janne [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 29, 2008 16:08 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I tried going back to version 7.3.3730c that came with my Blu-ray drive (LG CGC-H20L) but it doesn't work either.

I bought this Blu-ray drive about month ago and I was able to watch Blu-rays with it then. But now just suddenly not working anymore...
Mike [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 29, 2008 22:59 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I'm having the exact same problem. I could watch my movies yesterday but today I sat down to watch the next episode of Band of Brothers and it says that it needs to download an update. I hit Yes and then it quickly says update complete. I try to play it again and it does the same thing.

I have tried running as an administrator and that did not help. I tried restarting the app and that did not help. Please fix this.
Keith [Avatar]
Newbie Location: UK Joined: Dec 27, 2008 10:09 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
If you have the LG GGC-H20L drive which came with an OEM copy of PowerDVD 7 Ultra, I suggest going to the software updates page at http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/download/patches_112_en_US.html and manually downloading and installing the build 4407 update. I'm having no problems with this build, new BDs such as The Dark Knight play fine.

The latest 4617 update states it is for "retail and online purchase versions only", and I would say those words do not apply to the version that comes with the LG drive. (Even if PowerDVD itself is trying to update to this version, although mine so far hasn't prompted me.)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 30. 2008 13:32

Regards,
Keith

As of October 2009: PDVD 7.3.5711 Ultra; LG GGC-H20L BD-HD combo; NVidia 9600GT; Samsung SM2333SW; Windows 7 Home Prem 64
John [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 19, 2009 20:50 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I have had issues as well. Even downloaded manual update...still no go. Cyberlink support is the worst. It worked originally, that is before the auto-update. Support keeps putting me in an endless loop and not really listening.
[Post New]
I bought the Slumdog Millionaire Blu-ray US version yesterday, but it cannot be played by my PowerDVD 7 ultra and it keeps saying I need to update my software, but I found there is nothing to upadate for PowerDVD 7 in this site, can somebody tell me what I should do?
Keith [Avatar]
Newbie Location: UK Joined: Dec 27, 2008 10:09 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I bought the Slumdog Millionaire Blu-ray US version yesterday, but it cannot be played by my PowerDVD 7 ultra and it keeps saying I need to update my software, but I found there is nothing to upadate for PowerDVD 7 in this site, can somebody tell me what I should do?

Are none of these options applicable to you: http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/download/patches_112_en_US.html

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 22. 2009 09:03

Regards,
Keith

As of October 2009: PDVD 7.3.5711 Ultra; LG GGC-H20L BD-HD combo; NVidia 9600GT; Samsung SM2333SW; Windows 7 Home Prem 64
[Post New]
In fact my PowerDVD is already PowerDVD 7 Ultra 4407.
the Slumdog Millionaire Blu-ray needs me to update the software.
do i need to download the update again?
John [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 02, 2009 00:45 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I am having the same problem trying to play Slumdog Millionaire. Reading out on the net it seems that the BD+ encryption algorithms where changed with this movie. I see that Cyberlink has done the appropriate update for version 8 and 9 already but has not updated version 7.

How sad that all this DRM makes it so people who have a legal copy of the movie and a legal copy of PowerDVD end up not being able to watch the movie on release day. Ironically, if I didn't care about the legality I could be running with a cracked version of PowerDVD or could just download the movie. What a shame that fully compliant consumers have to pay the ultimate price.

Cyberlink, please update your PowerDVD 7 software.