Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Should Iphone .mov file be converted before editing in PD15?
rdailey4 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 27, 2010 19:05 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
I notice that my .mov files out of my Iphone 7 Plus are huge compared to the file size if I convert it to .mp4. I also notice that trying to edit a .mov file in PD15 is very difficult as the preview is slow and very choppy (even after the new 2421 patch). So, should I convert these .mov files prior to edititing them in PD15? It does seem to be much smoother running after being converted to .mp4.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
I have noticed that the iphone 7 HD mov video are not ntsc drop frame and cause no problem in my editing. 4k video does present a problem. If converting the video to a lower bit rate helps you then why not. You are talking about 4k video, right?
rdailey4 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 27, 2010 19:05 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry, I should have stated that my video clip was 1080p 24 fps. I have the same problem with 1080 60fps. I have an i7-920 processor (I realize it is older and slower), a GTX260 video card, and 18 Gb ram, and 7200 rpm hard drive. It is just wierd that Filmora would play back smoothly and PD15 would not. As a matter of fact, Windows Movie Maker plays back more smoothly that PD15.