Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Fading out an effect
HKRyan1976 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 03, 2017 23:44 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I have to think there is a simple way to do this, but I can't find any explanation. Say that I want the first part of my clip to have a Fog but then I want that fog to slowly fade away halfway through the clip so the video appears clear. How can I do that? Any help is appreciated. Been scratching my head for a while now.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have to think there is a simple way to do this, but I can't find any explanation. Say that I want the first part of my clip to have a Fog but then I want that fog to slowly fade away halfway through the clip so the video appears clear. How can I do that? Any help is appreciated. Been scratching my head for a while now.
You can change the length of the fog effect to one half the length of your clip in Modify. However, I do not see a way to fade the fog effect, it ends suddenly.

Click on the fog effect then click Modify on top of the timeline. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Maybe use Particle Fly Fog instead. It can be moved to a video track and face in and out can be used?
Atreyu [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 14, 2010 19:44 Messages: 52 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have to think there is a simple way to do this, but I can't find any explanation. Say that I want the first part of my clip to have a Fog but then I want that fog to slowly fade away halfway through the clip so the video appears clear. How can I do that? Any help is appreciated. Been scratching my head for a while now.

Try putting your video on track 1 with a copy of the video on track 2. Now add the fog effect to the video on track 1.

Select track 2 and add keyframes to the video. Set the beginning keyframe to 0 opacity. Move to where you want the fog to fade out completely and add a second keyframe set to 100 opacity.

Modify the effect setting to fine tune the fog intensity.

The video in the second track will be the one being displayed.

Hope this works for you. PowerDirector 17, Ultimate 64 bit.
Windows 10, Pro 64 bit

Atreyu