Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Years and Years of App Crashing
HuntersPad [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 28, 2016 23:22 Messages: 45 Offline
[Post New]
I've been using PowerDirector since v12. Recently got back to using it and bought V15.... STILL have the SAME issues as before. I'm now on crash number 5 trying to video edit a video for 2017. On going thing for a long time and tonight its really agrivated me.

This happend on my Previos build from 2013-mid 2016 AMD FX-8350 and now it STILL happens on my new build a Intel i7 6700k.

Specs:
16GB Ram
SSD
Radeon RX480 8GB

Way more than enough for the video editor to not cause issues. This happens also on a CLEAN install of Windows 7 with nothing other than lastest drivers, windows updates and Powerdirector 15

Granted this does NOT happen with any other video editor whatsoever! ONLY with PowerDirector. But sadly PowerDirector is the only video editor I'm extreamly famulure with. And with editing so easy and quick its awesome, but its annoying for it to randomly crash even after being open for under 5 min and a few video edits that went unsaved...

What can be done about this?
[Thumb - Untitled.png]
 Filename
Untitled.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1029 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
36 time(s)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Dec 31. 2016 02:08

vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I note from the screen cap that you are using shadow edit files and that (at least) one present in your timeline (IMG_5870.mov) has not been rendered fully. The icon is yellow not green. The timeline scrubber is also positioned part of the way through this clip on the timeline, presumably when the crash occurred. All shadow files used in the timeline must be fully rendered to make editing effective.

3 things :

Make sure all shadow files used are fully rendered.

It it necessary for you to use shadow edit files at all?

Have you tried editing without them?

Cheers

Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
To the new memer stomping on this topic...[quotePostId=266648]Dont buy cyberlink products.[/quotePostId] Five posts all the same. If you have an issue would it not be a good idea to start your own thread, introduce yourself to the VOLUNTEERS, and seek a solution? Sure beats bitchin'. Along the same line to the OP, better late than never but maybe a lot of aggravating episodes could have been avoided if you found us a long time ago.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 31. 2016 09:07

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
ninaQ6 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 29, 2016 16:46 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I feel you! Mine doesn't crash anymore (knock on wood) after re-installing it with anti virus disabled.
HuntersPad [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

I note from the screen cap that you are using shadow edit files and that (at least) one present in your timeline (IMG_5870.mov) has not been rendered fully. The icon is yellow not green. The timeline scrubber is also positioned part of the way through this clip on the timeline, presumably when the crash occurred. All shadow files used in the timeline must be fully rendered to make editing effective.

3 things :

Make sure all shadow files used are fully rendered.

It it necessary for you to use shadow edit files at all?

Have you tried editing without them?

Cheers

Adrian

thank you for the reply! The crash occurred as I was cutting some of the video. What do you mean by shadow files?

Thank you
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry, out at a black tie dance!

Shadow files are proxy files for low spec systems/hd video. Switch on and off in preferences.

If used the green film icon bottom left must be green otherwise the y don't work properly.

Switch them off and try editing without them.

Happy New Year.

Cheers

Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Sometimes they (shadow files) don't work properly when they are supposed to work properly, too.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 31. 2016 15:20

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
HuntersPad [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Sorry, out at a black tie dance!

Shadow files are proxy files for low spec systems/hd video. Switch on and off in preferences.

If used the green film icon bottom left must be green otherwise the y don't work properly.

Switch them off and try editing without them.

Happy New Year.

Cheers

Adrian

Thanks again for the tip, Still having the exact same issue! Even did a clean install of Windows 7 earlier. Still same issues