Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Learning materials -- "Classroom"-style books?
[Post New]
Does anyone know of learning materials -- perferably books and exercise files -- for the Director Suite, either overall or the separate component applications? Something along the lines of the "Classroom in a Book" publications for the Adobe Creative Suite?

No criticism intended, but videos that basically say "select this item from this menu, click this option in the dialogue, and there ya go" don't do it for me. I've learnt I don't learn that way, that I don't acquire an understanding of the processes involved.

Someone's lent me a copy of the "Classroom" book for Adobe's Premiere Pro, and that helps me understand some of the underlying processes, but obviously it would be easier if I had something similar that applies directly to the Cyberlink software. I have the new DS 5, and yes, I've already trawled through the Learning Centre.

Thanks for any assistance.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 30. 2016 06:07

stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Have you looked at any of the Udemy courses? Look here (link) I took one and it was OK. There was a lot of on-line information.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 30. 2016 07:02

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
[Post New]
Hi steve,

Yeah, thanks for that. I have checked it out, yes -- the advertising link from the Learning Centre goes to the Udemy website, and what it shows there of the courses suggest they approach things the way, as I mentioned, I know doesn't work for me.

Trust me, I did a fair bit of searching before I posted this thread. ;
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Branais, I've had several local PD editing enthusiasts echo they like this book, https://smile.amazon.com/Muvipix-com-Guide-CyberLink-PowerDirector-Ultimate/dp/1539766039?_encoding=UTF8&keywords=powerdirector&qid=1483104788&ref_=sr_1_2&s=books&sr=1-2 it may suite your "classroom" need.

I've leafed through ones copy and it didn't have any real exercise sessions that I recall but walked through many concepts with guided pictures, like keyframe concepts which are difficult for some but a very strong editing feature of PD.

Jeff