Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Photo Preset to remove yellow tint from old photos?
BadWolf [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 10, 2015 09:45 Messages: 126 Offline
[Post New]
Does anyone know if there is a photo preset that would work to remove the yellow tint from older color aged photos? I have so many, and I know you can adjust photos manually, but I was wondering if anyone had already created a photo preset that would accomplish this. I tried looking and searching through the presets but could not find what I was looking for.

Thanks!
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
There are too many shades of yellow. You can say create and save your own preset for one of your yellow photo and use that for all your other ones if the yellow tint look the same to your eyes on each one.
[Post New]
Hello BadWolf,

Welcome to the PhotoDirector forum laughing

As tomasc suggests, there a many shades of yellow so one preset/adjustment is not necessarily going to work well on other photos.

Yellowing typically occurs with old printed photos, though you can get a yellow cast in digital photos when the lighting is poor.

There are some manual adjustments that can be made to correct your photos. The ones I'd suggest are:

1. White Balance - slide temperature towards blue or use the eydropper

2. Level - adjust RGB sliders to counteract yellow

3. Curves - adjust red & blue curves to decrease yellow cast

Once you make an adjustment that works, you can make your own preset by clicking the Create button. Then you can apply it to other similar photos &/or adjust it manually.

In searching for some photos online that could be used as samples, I came across this...

... not sure I like the sound of that!

PIX PIX YouTube channel