Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 7 - Two Cameras / One Audio Problems
[Post New]
Hi All,

This is my first post on the CL forum, I purchased PD7 a few weeks ago and only recently started to use it.

I'm hoping to record 150 drum kit lessons over the next month or so, two BPM's per lesson, each lesson has between four and sixteen different exercises.
I want to record one media file (which will open in windows media player along with drum lesson notation in PDF) for each lesson and each will have multiple exercise clips.

I was thinking of having one camcorder, i recently bought a sony dcr-trv270e but after a couple of recordings i decided i needed a HD camera so yesterday i went out and bought a canon HG10 HD hard disc drive camcorder so i can use this for overhead shots and use the sont for a footcam for bass drum pedal clips.

The audio is coming in WAV via sonar4 all pre-mixed in a template so each lesson will have a good drum mix.

Today i have recorded four exercises and have tried to put together in the PD7 software, using canon overhead in main timeline and footcam in PiP 1, but whenever i play back the media freezes for a few seconds and completely misses off some text which i did using the blackboard to say 'exercise one' 'exercise two' etc OR it plays really slow and makes in almost impossible to sync the audio.

I have recorded in SP and HXP and find the same problem.

I plan to start recording on Monday 29th Dec for 2 days until i have all 150 lessons recorded but completely unedited in folders and then start the MAD MONTH of editing with no sleep and plenty of coffee.

I'm looking forward to the challenge but right now i feel like i'm working and getting nowhere as the playback is terrible??

Please please help

Dan

Edit: after rendering to MPEG2 it plays fine but when editing it's very difficult to pinpoint exactly where to do things as the media playback while editing is not great.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 27. 2008 19:20

New drum lessons website launching Jan/Feb '09
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Hi ???,

Here's a link that "may" pertain to your preview screen issue.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/4493.page

Also, just a word of warning, I would suggest that you enter a user name to your profile, or your post (as per rules of the forum), will probably be locked and then no one will be able to respond with further suggestions. Just add a user name to your profile and you'll avoid that possibility. Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips