Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can I clean up each frame on video created from 8mm film?
Myemerald
Member Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Dec 15, 2016 12:21 Messages: 76 Offline
[Post New]
I have my old 8mm home movies on a dvd, and want to edit and clean them up if possible. Which CyberLink product is best for this?

Ideally, I want to edit each frame, clean up dust and scratches, adjust color, etc.

Thank you!! DirectorSuite 365 | Win 11 Home | AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX with Radeon Graphics 3301 Mhz, 8 cores, 16 logical processors | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 | 2TB SSD
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have my old 8mm home movies on a dvd, and want to edit and clean them up if possible. Which CyberLink product is best for this?

Ideally, I want to edit each frame, clean up dust and scratches, adjust color, etc.

Thank you!!
To edit each frame you would have to first export all of the images from the video.

There is a program named ImageGrab that will do that very thing. Be warned, Video contains thousands of images, it is very big job of editing every frame.

PowerDirector has some enchanment functions in Fix/Enhance and in Power Tools. First select the video you want to enchance.

It takes a very powerful computer to handle enhancement.

Explore the tools in PowerDirector before you go off into the deep water. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Myemerald
[Post New]
Quote I have my old 8mm home movies on a dvd, and want to edit and clean them up if possible. Which CyberLink product is best for this?

Thank you!!
To edit each frame you would have to first export all of the images from the video.

There is a program named ImageGrab that will do that very thing. Be warned, Video contains thousands of images, it is very big job of editing every frame.

PowerDirector has some enchanment functions in Fix/Enhance and in Power Tools. First select the video you want to enchance.

It takes a very powerful computer to handle enhancement.

Explore the tools in PowerDirector before you go off into the deep water.

Thank you for letting me know how enormous this project would be. I definitely don't want to edit thousands of images.

I'll try the available tools on some of it, and see how i do. This is all new to me. I'll just play around and see what I get. I'm so happy to have these films on dvd now, whatever I can do to improve them is just icing on the cake smile

My computer has:
Intel Core i5 - 12GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M - 1TB Hard Drive

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 16. 2016 10:57

DirectorSuite 365 | Win 11 Home | AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX with Radeon Graphics 3301 Mhz, 8 cores, 16 logical processors | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 | 2TB SSD
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
What format are the video files you want to fix up? Are they playable DVDs or are they saved as media files? And what size resolution are they? HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Myemerald
[Post New]
Quote What format are the video files you want to fix up? Are they playable DVDs or are they saved as media files? And what size resolution are they?

They are playable DVDs, I used Scan Cafe to do the trasfer from film. Here is a screenshot:
[Thumb - dvd.JPG]
 Filename
dvd.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
DVD contents
 Filesize
44 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
28 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 16. 2016 13:07

DirectorSuite 365 | Win 11 Home | AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX with Radeon Graphics 3301 Mhz, 8 cores, 16 logical processors | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 | 2TB SSD