Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Colour Display in PhD
[Post New]
Hello ALL members,

It's been a bit disturbing to read reports of PhotoDirector's inaccurate display of colour, by comparison with other software. One example is in this thread where users suggested that PhD's colour display was lighter/darker or more/less saturated.

Please don't interpret this post as, in any way, trying to refute member's observations. I am simply attempting to shed some light.

It's a difficult thing to quantify because we all use different monitors calibrated (or not) in different ways. To test, I used the attached image based on the X-rite Color Checker. I opened it in various software and compared colour display using ColorPic to measure the RGB value of particular colours (boxed in white on the attached image).

If it's relevant, the monitor I used is a DELL P2715Q UHD, calibrated regularly using Spyder5. My observations are shown in the table:

Of the software tested, it seems Win 10 Photo's display is true to the original. PhD & other photo magement/editing software vary a little. The swatches beside the RGB values indicate the differences.

I'd be very interested to hear what members have noticed, & whether a significant difference has been observed.

PIX
[Thumb - X_Rite_ColorChecker.jpg]
 Filename
X_Rite_ColorChecker.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
404 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
83 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 15. 2016 04:45

PIX YouTube channel