Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to set size of clip to "original size"
pmikep [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Nov 26, 2016 22:51 Messages: 285 Offline
[Post New]
Am a noob to PD15, but have used a "magical" program for the past ten years.

Am experimenting with importing various clips with decreasing resolutions into a movie set at 1920 x 1080. (To see how PD handles multiple cameras with differing resolutions.) So I started with a clip at 1920 60 fps, then 1920 at 30 fps, then 1280 x 720, then 640 x 480.

It appears that PD tries to automatically stretch both the 1280 and 640 x 480 video to fit into the higher res movie.

Is there a way to tell PD to size the clip to the clip's original resolution? (For say, use in a PIP?) My magical program offers this option. The best I can find in PD is to manually resize an image. Not quite the same thing as automatic.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 15. 2016 01:08

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Is there a way to tell PD to size the clip to the clip's original resolution? (For say, use in a PIP?)

That feature is not available as far as I've seen. The method I use is toggle on the screen grid guides and eyeball the size.

Jeff