Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 15 title blur malfunction
JonathanS [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 17, 2016 19:53 Messages: 45 Offline
[Post New]
I upgraded from 14 to 15. I was disappointed to find out that 15 does not have any better audio quality (as I was promised). However, the big issue right now is that the titles are screwed up.

Adding blur to the borders of titles was a nice touch to keep the lettering legible while softening the effect. Something has happened with border-blur in 15, however, where not only is the border blurred, but so is the font "face" itself. This narrows the letters, robs them of their crisp edges, and makes them far less legible. Attached are screenshots from the rendered videos, one from PD 14 and the other from PD 15.

This is a major bug, and has put a complete stop on my workflow. I've been missing release date deadlines because of it.
[Thumb - 15.PNG]
 Filename
15.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
PowerDirector 15 title border blur
 Filesize
215 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
73 time(s)
[Thumb - 14.PNG]
 Filename
14.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
PowerDirector 14 title border blur
 Filesize
198 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
68 time(s)
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi JonathanS -

You're absolutely right. PDR15 does go about it differently. As you say, it seems to blur the border into the font face, rather than just "outwards".

PDR14 & 15 screenshots attached.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Border Blur 15.jpg]
 Filename
Border Blur 15.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
251 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
60 time(s)
[Thumb - Border Blur 14.jpg]
 Filename
Border Blur 14.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
262 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
59 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
JonathanS [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi JonathanS -

You're absolutely right. PDR15 does go about it differently. As you say, it seems to blur the border into the font face, rather than just "outwards".

PDR14 & 15 screenshots attached.

Cheers - Tony
Thanks for the corroboration! But how do I get it to stop doing that? "Font Face" already has a blur option - if I wanted that effect I could enable it there!

(Nice work on your videos, by the way - I've encountered a few of them as I learn.)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 03. 2016 16:19

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry - I don't think there's any way around it till this issue is reported to CyberLink and an update patch with a fix is produced & released.

Personally, I haven't been a great fan of the blurs on title shadows or borders since I started using PD7. I know that's not what you'd call "advocacy", but that's how it is frown

PowerDirector Moderator or CLD? I think this needs reporting.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi All,

This thread has been referred to CL for their attention.

Cheers

PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
JonathanS [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for referring this post. Please keep me updated on when a fix is available. I also have a tech support ticket open - but have only received a generic response thus far, asking for DxDiag and other unrelated info. And getting that took most of a week.
JonathanS [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi All,

This thread has been referred to CL for their attention.

Cheers

PowerDirector Moderator

On 12/19 I got this reply, two weeks after my original support ticket:

-------------

Dear Jonathan,Thank you for writing back.Regarding your concern, I would like to inform that we are able to reproduce the issue in our lab and the engineer is assigned to check the issue.Use the below mentioned link to get back for further queries:https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink products.Thank You and Best RegardsDeepakCyberLink Technical Support

--------------

Another month later, and I have seen no further progress on this. I've had the software for almost two months - when is this going to get fixed? I'm putting out nearly two videos per week, and this bug is degrading the quality of each one.