Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Wave Editor continually cuts off the end of the audio
TBakerHR [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 25, 2011 10:51 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
I am sooooo frustrated. I'm editing podcats and use the Wave Editor to edit the auido. EVERY time I do it, then return to PowerDirector, it cuts of the last couple of seconds of audio.

I have no idea why, but it's extremely frustrating. I don't know why it happens.

Anyone have any ideas?

All I do it edit out bits of audio, then increase the volume a bit on the whole thing. That's it. Then I lose the last 2 seconds or so.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Is by chance your audio a mp3 file? With some variants of mp3 PD does not interact with very well on some systems. If it is a mp3 you might try converting the file to a WAV file first before doing any editing within PD/WE to see if that resolves your cut off issue. Not sure of the source of your audio, you may be able to make a change there to a different format or use a free utility like Audacity or the like to convert the audio file.

Jeff
TBakerHR [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 25, 2011 10:51 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
OK...that's interesting. Never thought of that. It is an MP3 file so I'll try to convert to a WAV file.
Corey36 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 16, 2011 22:27 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Is by chance your audio a mp3 file? With some variants of mp3 PD does not interact with very well on some systems. If it is a mp3 you might try converting the file to a WAV file first before doing any editing within PD/WE to see if that resolves your cut off issue. Not sure of the source of your audio, you may be able to make a change there to a different format or use a free utility like Audacity or the like to convert the audio file.

Jeff

Thank you. I was plagued with the abrupt cut offs and converting to the WAV file worked perfectly. So simple cyberlink should have thought to include that information or option with the program.