Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Length of video
bobbywhite1958 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 18, 2016 10:31 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hello all

Is there a way to have your video on just one file. I made a video, burnt it and it works fine on the DVD, however, if I want to put it on a stick, the files become two seperate ones. 1 file is 1, 048, 574 KB and the other is 638,904. Is there a reason why it split into two files?

Thanks

Robert
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Please send a screenshot of the dvd VIDEO_TS folder content showing that there is only one file.
bobbywhite1958 [Avatar]
[Post New]
When I try and send the attachment, and hit submit, the screen goes blank. I've tried it several times.
bobbywhite1958 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Please send a screenshot of the dvd VIDEO_TS folder content showing that there is only one file.
[Thumb - Untitled.png]
 Filename
Untitled.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1185 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
58 time(s)
Richmond Dan
Senior Contributor Location: Richmond, VA Joined: Aug 07, 2014 17:17 Messages: 673 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Please send a screenshot of the dvd VIDEO_TS folder content showing that there is only one file.

It appears to me that both files are on the DVD, as they should be. They will also show up that way on your memory stick. Regards,
Dan
Power Director 21-Ultimate
v 21.0.3111.0
XPS-8940, Win-10 64-bit,
Intel Core i9-10900 processor
(10 core, 20M Cache),
32GB DDR4 RAM, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVME SSD, 2TB 7200 RPM SATA HDD,
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]

It appears to me that both files are on the DVD, as they should be. They will also show up that way on your memory stick.

Hi Bobby

If you are really serious about having both files as one, you can load the two VOB files into PD and treat them as a project, and burn again.

You may find it easier to load each file separately as it seems to be quite a slow process. Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Your Untitled.png file show that you have an extended desktop. The screenshot capture show that you have the two same files on your dvd as is on the usb memory stick, not the one video file you claim on the dvd. Please view the attached pic showing your edited desktop with the explanation.

Anticipate your next question. The DVD standards were finalized years ago. The fat file system used has a file size limitation.

Edit: I see that Richmond Dan and The Shadowman have answered first.
[Thumb - DVD folder.jpg]
 Filename
DVD folder.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Two video files are in the VIDEO_TS folder.
 Filesize
203 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
60 time(s)
bobbywhite1958 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ok

Thanks everyone