Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
APPEAL: Forum Avatar Sizes
[Post New]
Members,

Over recent months, I've noticed that quite a few members' avatars take an extraordinary amount of time to fully load in the forum pages.

On closer inspection, by right clicking on an avatar & selecting "View Image", then "Save Image As", I see that a nunber of avatars are high resolution images.

The advice in the members profile area is that avatars should be a maximum of 130x130 pixels:

Since this affects all members trying to view forum pages, could I respectfully request that if your avatar exceeds 130x130 you resize it appropriately? This can be done easily in PhD or any graphics software.

PIX

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 19. 2016 12:52

PIX YouTube channel
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Since this affects all members trying to view forum pages, could I respectfully request that if your avatar exceeds 130x130 you resize it appropriately? This can be done easily in PhD or any graphics software.

Good suggestion, even better would be modification of the signup page to downsample user uploaded avatars to meet the 130x130 guideline before accepting, a suggestion offered here http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/50101.page#263471

This would catch the "PIX" avatar as well as the "PowerDirector Moderator" avatar and make them compliant as well as those other offending users.

Jeff
[Post New]
Quote This would catch the "PIX" avatar as well as the "PowerDirector Moderator" avatar and make them compliant as well as those other offending users.

Hello Jeff,

You've given me a good laugh! Fancy expecting other members to comply when the moderator hasn't! You'll be pleased to know that the PIX avatar is now compliant

PIX PIX YouTube channel