Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Only when producing 1080p I am unable to use "Fast video rendering technology" option
AlexNorton [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 24, 2016 19:47 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
PowerDirector Version build: http://i.imgur.com/2qTvnUF.png

Hello guys,

When trying to produce a clip for YouTube in 1080p the option to use "Fast video rendering technology" is no longer available.

Here is an image for a default 1080p profile: http://i.imgur.com/30L4i0G.png

Here is an image for a default 720p profile with the option checked: http://i.imgur.com/ULBuVdB.png

Here is an image for a default 720p profile with the option un-checked: http://i.imgur.com/YYbt8Yr.png

I checked with multiple profiles, with multiple resolutions(higher and lower), fps and bitrate do not matter. As long as it's 1920x1080 the option to fast render is not usable.

This used to work in the past. I started noticing slower render times for about a week now, but did not notice that check-box until today. A google search revealed that in the past this was due to an update with the NVIDIA drivers. I did a clean install of the driver, instead of the express one, just to have all settings reset, but the issue persisted.

Sincerely,

Alex

P.S. not sure how to attach DxDiag, hope it works
 Filename
AlexNortonDxDiag.zip
[Disk]
 Description
Diagnostic File
 Filesize
17 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
150 time(s)
PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
welcome to the forum

Quote ...
This used to work in the past. ...

this was previously posted.

in order to use SVRT must meet the conditions...

' VBR - variable bitrate no go on SVRT rendering tech

CBR - constant bitrate go happy happy joy joy'

and from JL_JL ' In fact, virtually nothing in PD produces a true CBR without regard to

timeline content complexity, but rather most produce profiles are a CVBR

(constrained variable bitrate) implementation and SVRT works fine with that. '

p.s.

from Product FAQ

' Why can't I use the SVRT function within the CyberLink PowerDirector Production Wizard?

The Smart Video Rendering Technology (SVRT) is not available if you choose to encode video with hardware. You can switch between SVRT and hardware encoding to obtain the best performance. '

' Why am I unable to use Intelligent SVRT function within CyberLink PowerDirector 10? When can I use SVRT?

Intelligent SVRT can be applied to video clips in the MPEG-1, MPEG-2, H.264
(Ultra64 version only) and DV-AVI (Type I) formats. In the following
conditions, clips (or portions of clips) do not require rendering during
production, and SVRT can therefore be applied:

The frame rate, frame size, and file format are the same as those of the destination production profile.
The bitrate is similar to that of the destination production profile.
The TV format is the same as that of the destination production profile.

If all of the above conditions are met, SVRT can be used. Any clips
that do not meet the above criteria are fully rendered without SVRT.

In the following conditions, clips (or portions of clips) must be
rendered during production, and SVRT can therefore not be applied:

Adding a title or transition effect
Modifying the color of a video clip
Audio profile does not match destination production profile
Modifying the volume of an audio clip
Merging two video clips (clips within 2 seconds before or after the merged clips will be rendered)
Splitting a video clip (clips within 2 seconds before or after the split will be rendered)
Trimming a video clip (clips within 2 seconds before or after the trimmed clip will be rendered)
If the total duration of the production is less than one minute and
any portion of the video requires rendering, the entire production will
be rendered for efficiency reasons. '

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan

'garbage in garbage out'
 Filename
no svrt.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
example VBR video no SVRT can
 Filesize
3153 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
254 time(s)
 Filename
go svrt.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
example CBR go go go
 Filesize
8625 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
171 time(s)

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Oct 25. 2016 14:06

'no bridge too far'

Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm
Asrock TaiChi X470, AMD R7 2700X, W7P 64, MSI GTX1060 6GB, Corsair 16GB/RAM
Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
AlexNorton [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote welcome to the forum

in order to use SVRT must meet the conditions... [...] 'garbage in garbage out'

Hello PepsiMan,I must thank you for the time and effort that you have put into your response! I appreciate it!

I did not realized Variable Bitrate was frowned upon in the community. I always thought Variable Framerate was an issue, and I didn't even knew that concept existed until I decided to move away from Sony Vegas and tried Premiere(looking for faster render times).

Regarding SVRT, I never used that option/checkbox. It was always faded out. The issue I have is with "Hardware video encoder" under "Fast video rendering technology" option. I have used NVIDIA's Shadowplay(now called simply Share) this entire time to record. It does indeed produse VBR and VFR in order to keep the file size to a minimum, for which I am grateful (I don't have that much space to work with). PowerDirector was happily rendering my 20+ minute videos (1080p @ 60fps)in under 7 minutes. Only now have I encountered this issue, and only for 1080p. I really hoped it would be a driver issue, so I downgraded to an NVIDIA driver from the 23rd of september, but that was not it. I am missing something and don't know what. Will keep on trying different things!
[Post New]
Quote I have used NVIDIA's Shadowplay(now called simply Share) this entire time to record. It does indeed produse VBR and VFR in order to keep the file size to a minimum, for which I am grateful (I don't have that much space to work with). PowerDirector was happily rendering my 20+ minute videos (1080p @ 60fps)in under 7 minutes. Only now have I encountered this issue, and only for 1080p. I really hoped it would be a driver issue, so I downgraded to an NVIDIA driver from the 23rd of september, but that was not it. I am missing something and don't know what. Will keep on trying different things!

Turn off ShadowPlay when rendering with PD because it uses the same hardware piece inside the GPU.
AlexNorton [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Turn off ShadowPlay when rendering with PD because it uses the same hardware piece inside the GPU.

I think you are referring to the Instant Replay function that shadow-records the last 5 minutes. That is off and I have always kept it off. I tried exiting GeForce Experience thinking that Share(aka ShadowPlay) is part of it but it changed nothing, and furthermore, I could still record with Share, so closing GF Exp did nothing.

Still, why would closing Share only disallow hardware acceleration for 1080p?
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
More than likely the lack of hardware encode feature for 1080p is this http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/47025.page#244163 which occurs in virtually all versions of PD when one experiences an encode anomaly of sorts.

Jeff
[Post New]
I don't let the Nvidia Experience to install on my PC and never had any GPU hardware issues.

Use the CL Screen Recorder if you must.
AlexNorton [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote More than likely the lack of hardware encode feature for 1080p is this http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/47025.page#244163 which occurs in virtually all versions of PD when one experiences an encode anomaly of sorts.
Jeff

You were correct good sir! I modified the registry and I am now able to produce with hardware encoding at 1080p. I did indeed have a PowerDirector crash recently, while rendering, but thought nothing of it.

Thank you very much for your advice!
AlexNorton [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I don't let the Nvidia Experience to install on my PC and never had any GPU hardware issues.

Use the CL Screen Recorder if you must.

I appreciate your advice good sir, but for me that is not an option. I have been using Shadowplay/Share for over 2 years now with great success. Between all the screen/game recording software that I tried over the years, this one has the best quality to filesize to low resource footprint ratio of them all. Of course, it has its shortcomings in some isolated cases, but the downsides are overwhelmed by the positives. At the moment it handles 90% of my workload.

With JL_JL's input I have managed to resolve my problem. I must raise my hat at this community, you all have my thanks!