Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Produced video quality remarkably degraded
Makshum [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 22, 2016 04:46 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I am using videos from different sources (cell phone, handycam, dash cam) and found that none of the videos frame rate is matching with PD. There is always a minor difference and output video loses the quality remarkably. The effect is severe for .mov files. In fact, the same file is actually giving far better output in windows movie maker which is free! The workaround solution that I found is -

• Open the video in windows moviemaker and generate a file from it

• Use this file in PD and there is no issue - no message of format mismatch and video output quality is much better

Anyone has a better solution than this?

Thanks!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

I am using videos from different sources (cell phone, handycam, dash cam) and found that none of the videos frame rate is matching with PD. There is always a minor difference and output video loses the quality remarkably. The effect is severe for .mov files. In fact, the same file is actually giving far better output in windows movie maker which is free! The workaround solution that I found is -

• Open the video in windows moviemaker and generate a file from it

• Use this file in PD and there is no issue - no message of format mismatch and video output quality is much better

Anyone has a better solution than this?

Thanks!

Thanks for posting what you do.

Your video probably all have variable frame rate. The notification you're getting can be ignored and you can stop the message popup in Preferences/Confirmation.

Without seeing what the mov video you have is like and running a test on it, my guess is you're editing shadow files which are low res mpeg2 video.

When editing multi-source video it is always a better option to have the video "the same". You could achieve the same, as what you did, by running the separate videos through PowerDirector or using a free video converter to create the same frame size, and same frame rate and same format for each and then start editing.

Dafydd