Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can't download trial version -- technical support NO help
Cosondra [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 02, 2016 22:57 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
I am trying to download the trial version of PowerDirector 15. I download the Cyberlink downloader. When I run it, I get a message that there is a newer version of the downloader. There is an update button in the message. I click on the update button and the exact same downloader is downloaded. I keep going through this same circle and never get to download the trial version of PowerDirector 15. I have contacted technical support twice, and they seem to think that I am trying to update the software. I can't make them understand that I am trying to download the trial version. Has anyone else had this problem with downloading the trial version of PowerDirector 15?
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I am trying to download the trial version of PowerDirector 15. I download the Cyberlink downloader. When I run it, I get a message that there is a newer version of the downloader. There is an update button in the message. I click on the update button and the exact same downloader is downloaded. I keep going through this same circle and never get to download the trial version of PowerDirector 15. I have contacted technical support twice, and they seem to think that I am trying to update the software. I can't make them understand that I am trying to download the trial version. Has anyone else had this problem with downloading the trial version of PowerDirector 15?
You are correct it just goes in a circle, you click the update button, it seems to be the same downloader. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Cosondra [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I am trying to download the trial version of PowerDirector 15. I download the Cyberlink downloader. When I run it, I get a message that there is a newer version of the downloader. There is an update button in the message. I click on the update button and the exact same downloader is downloaded. I keep going through this same circle and never get to download the trial version of PowerDirector 15. I have contacted technical support twice, and they seem to think that I am trying to update the software. I can't make them understand that I am trying to download the trial version. Has anyone else had this problem with downloading the trial version of PowerDirector 15?
You are correct it just goes in a circle, you click the update button, it seems to be the same downloader.

It's very frustrating that I can't get the Cyberlink technical support to see that.
CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

I tried downloading the trial and I saw the same "Update" message. After clicking, it downloaded and proceeded with the download of the trial without issue. Can you try again and take screen shots if the process still does not work for you?

Also, can you provide your support ticket number you got from technical support?

Thanks

David
Cosondra [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hello,

I tried downloading the trial and I saw the same "Update" message. After clicking, it downloaded and proceeded with the download of the trial without issue. Can you try again and take screen shots if the process still does not work for you?

Also, can you provide your support ticket number you got from technical support?

Thanks

David

Apparently Cyberlink got the message. I am able to download the trial version of PowerDirector without the "update" message even coming up. Thank you guys.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Good to know it was dealt with