Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
New to PowerDirector 14 help needed...
Alun12345 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 11, 2016 08:56 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there...

I've started to use PD 14... I've edited and create a small video with some audio etc, however when I go to produce, the output file only contains the audio and no video, I'm assuing its something small I am missing, anyone any ideas?
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
We'll need much more information.

What what kind of video are you trying to use?
Where did you get it?
Is it standard definition or high definition?
What kind of output have you chosen?
What level of PD 14 do you have (ulltra, etc)
Where did you get it?

Please post the dxdiag evaluation text file (as an attachment) to your reply.

Provide us with more information than you think we need so we don;t get into a long QandA session. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi there...

I've started to use PD 14... I've edited and create a small video with some audio etc, however when I go to produce, the output file only contains the audio and no video, I'm assuing its something small I am missing, anyone any ideas?

More than likely, disabling any hardware acceleration in PD pref > Hardware Acceleration and not using any form of "Fast video rendering technology:" on the produce page options will probably get your video back if it was viewable as the source.

Jeff
theSaint2010 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 19, 2016 07:57 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I recently upgraded to PD14 from PD11. When editing movie clips in PD11 had sound. Now editing in 14 got no sound at all. Clips work outside of PD14. I have check all teh speaker and volumes are corretc but no luck.