Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
set keyframe in a 360 video
360vids [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 23, 2016 02:51 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
I have a 360 video with multiple speakers sitting in a semi circle as part of a conference. I would like to be able to set a keyframe to each speaker as they are speaking and add their name and title below their image. Is there a way to move the 360 viewer to a particular position and even do minor zoom in a 360 video in Powerdirector 15?

Thanks
CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

Yes, you can do what you are asking in the View Designer. You can see a tutorial on it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGh8yfoXlvU

Just note that once you do this and output it, the video becomes a conventional video, i.e. not 360 and the viewer can no longer change the field of view during playback.

Let me know if that helps or if you have more questions.

David
360vids [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 23, 2016 02:51 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Yes, I am aware of the view designer turning a 360 into a 2D video. What I want to do is set the keyframes in a 360 video but still retain the 360 video component so users can still drag around if they wish.
CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

No, because then it wouldn't be a true 360 video anymore.

That seems to be the issue that people are having with this new technology. It is designed to give the viewer the freedom to look where they want, but then they might miss the action. The director also wants them to be looking "here" at some point...taking away that freedom.

Who knows though. Maybe it will be added in later versions as the technology evolves.

David
tcope [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 17, 2017 18:13 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
What Cyberlink needs to add is at least the ability to _start_ a video looking a certain direction. As I understand it, other editors can do this. I understand the inability to direct the view after the video has started but it seems common sense to start off the video pointed a certain direction (towards titles, certain subjects, etc.).