Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
App Manager ---Wedding Pack installation loop
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
AppMan 4110.

PD15 DSuite Live

The Wedding Pack of 265MB (installs at 394MB). Every time I open the AppMan the request to download is present. I download, install, and repeat! An endless circle.

Uninstalling and repeating does not fix this either. Am I alone on this error? HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Ok, so I did a CCleaner uninstall and now my Appman wants to install 2 different Wedding Packs, 1 pack of 265MB and the other of 232MB. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
BillByrnes [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 01, 2012 08:10 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
I am having the same problem. I think there is a conflict with the wedding pack from Power Director 14. Bill Byrnes
Andrew - Wales, UK
Contributor Location: Wales, UK Joined: Jan 27, 2009 19:16 Messages: 545 Offline
[Post New]
Same here! Alienware Aurora ALX R4 - Intel i7-4820 4.2 GHz - 32GB DDR3 RAM - Crucial 512GB SSD - 1TB Seagate HDD - 3TB WD Green HDD - 4TB WD Green HDD - MSI NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB

Sony HDR-PJ810 and HDR-PJ530
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Barry, Andrew, Bill et al -

This may be completely unrelated but I had an issue when installing DirectorSuite 5 - the digital download version (not LIVE) - and it was caused by the Wedding Pack.

The installer completely stalled (for hours) & when I checked the task bar there were 100+ installers running (trying to install the Wedding Pack)... same in Task Manager. I forced the installers to quit, then restarted the PC. Even though the installation didn't complete correctly, everything was there & functioning properly - but no Wedding Pack.

I didn't follow it up because it wasn't such a great loss, but still perplexing.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
It seems we have found a glitch (I HATE that term) in the AppMAN!
Any roaming Cyberlink sub-contractors available to comment or pass this on? HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
BillByrnes [Avatar]
[Post New]
I contacted support. They sent me a link to download a Wedding Pack installation file. I uninstalled Wedding Pack from the control panel, re-installed with the file supplied by Cyberlink Support. It did not work, same problem as it stills says download and install in the App Manager. I sent a screenshot back to support and let them know the fix did not work. Did not hear anything back yet. Bill Byrnes
BillByrnes [Avatar]
[Post New]
This is the response I received from support

Dear user,

Thank you for writing back.

In regards to your concern, I would like to inform that we have provided you the download link of the Wedding pack, as you are facing trouble with installing Wedding pack from Cyberlink Application manager.

As you have mentioned that the wedding pack is installed now, you are advised to ignore the option displaying in Cyberlink Application manager and continue using the software.

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink Products. Use the below mentioned link to get back to us for your further queries:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do 

Thanks and Regards,
Abhinav
CyberLink Technical Support Bill Byrnes