Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 13 How to fgade the last clip on the timeline
ozstar [Avatar]
Member Location: Sydney OZ Joined: Apr 21, 2012 20:13 Messages: 125 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I have a bunch of clips and want to fade the last one to black.

How can I do this please?

oz
Fenman
Senior Contributor Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Nov 24, 2011 04:44 Messages: 731 Offline
[Post New]
Simply drag the fade transition to the end of the last clip. You can adjust the length as required. If you want the screen to stay black for a further second or two just place a black colour board after the clip. Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
Intel Core i5 Quad Core 3.3GHz, 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz,
Asus Nvidia GT440 1GB, 2 x Western Digital WD10EARS 1TB, 1 x Seagate ST1000DM010 1TB,
Windows 7 Prof 64-bit, PD 9 Ultra 64, PD 13 Ultimate 64
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Oz

Another interesting way to end the film so that the last scene doesn't come to a sudden end.

Highlight the last clip and press the "End" key. This will take you to the very last frame - now take a snapshot and place the resulting picture at the end, behind the last clip.

You can then stretch the snapshot to last as long as required allowing you to run the ending credits or whatever with that snapshot still visible. Then if still required you can do as Fenman suggests for a fade.

N.B. The snapshot has to be taken with the final frame otherwise colour changes may be seen as the video transfers to still image.

Robert Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,