Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
the video in my timeline has all gone blank
[Post New]
All of the video that I have used in my project went to 0.0000. The effects are there and the titles I created are there. Just no video. Can anyone help? Thanks! I do not want to start over. I have a lot of work into this. I use PowerDirector Utra. I love it. I cleaned up some very old video files but they had nothing at all to do with this project.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 27. 2016 16:19

Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 08. 2016 11:06

[Post New]
I do not know how to do a screen shot. I can tell you that on my timeline all of my transitions, titles, backgrounds are there. The video clips are there too but they are black and blank and the numbers on them are all 0.0000 instead of mts 0021 etc. thanks for trying.
Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 08. 2016 11:06

[Post New]
thank you. I will delete and start over.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: All of the video that I have used in my project went to 0.0000. The effects are there and the titles I created are there. Just no video. Can anyone help? Thanks! I do not want to start over. I have a lot of work into this. I use PowerDirector Utra. I love it. I cleaned up some very old video files but they had nothing at all to do with this project.
Did you move or rename the original videos?

If the videos were on a camera memory card, when you remove that camera card the videos are not there anymore.

The correct thing is copy your camera file to a folder on your hard drive.

Project Management part 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAOnn8g0C_o

Project Management part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2CYLYIynB0 Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

[Post New]
I did not rename the folder. I took the clips from my camera and loaded them to the desktop. I think I am going to delete the movie I made and start all over. thanks for your help.
Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 08. 2016 11:04

[Post New]
I discovered what happened. I copied my video from my desktop to a separate external drive. I remembered that after reading your advice, Also, the way the program is created, all I need to do is put my video over the black clip spaces. then I click on replace and the program does the rest. what a relief. thank you for the eye opener.