Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Director 15
dhnj [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 30, 2010 11:14 Messages: 55 Offline
[Post New]
Power Director 15 is now available for Trial Download from the Cyberlink Web Site.
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
Rather overpriced for minimal improvements, no ? Win 10, i7
Richmond Dan
Senior Contributor Location: Richmond, VA Joined: Aug 07, 2014 17:17 Messages: 673 Offline
[Post New]
Not the trial version mentioned above... Regards,
Dan
Power Director 21-Ultimate
v 21.0.3111.0
XPS-8940, Win-10 64-bit,
Intel Core i9-10900 processor
(10 core, 20M Cache),
32GB DDR4 RAM, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVME SSD, 2TB 7200 RPM SATA HDD,
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6
Elfgren [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 17, 2012 10:59 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
And of course obviously as a live subscriber you can not download pd15 as you are entiteled to...
Tomas G77
Member Location: Ayrshire Joined: Jun 13, 2008 08:54 Messages: 100 Offline
[Post New]
I think I will give this version PD15 a miss,

and a big thumbs down,

anything CL have called new in 15 could have been added as an update to PD14 ( MY OPINION )

they are just after our monies as usual,

but re doing little to make any PD user enthuastic to get PD15 a total dissapointment

roll on PD 16 looks like an other year to wait now???

How do other users feel about this 15 version

Tom G Thomas G
I'm a 33yr old trapped in a 69yr old body
Wizard of Ounce [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 04, 2016 22:55 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
So, on August 9 2016, I purchase 'CyberLink Media Suite Ultra 14' (which includes PD14 - the deciding factor being the inclusion of PD14) at a 'promotional price'.

A little over six-weeks later, I receive an email from CyberLink promoting the launch of PD15 (with a 'special' upgrade price).

At the time I purchased 'Media Suite Ultra 14', there was no mention of an imminent release of a 'new' version of PD15.

Being a new CyberLink customer, I had no clue about the company's policy(ies) regarding updates/upgrades but nevertheless I assumed there would be a reasonable period of 'grace' during which time any update/upgrade would be 'free' - as is the policy of all the companies from whom I have hitherto purchased software; not so with CyberLink it appears.

Now, before anyone from the company jumps in with 'the party-line' on the topic of update/upgrade policy, let me just say that HAD reference been made, on the CyberLink website, to the imminent release of a newer version of PD, I may well have re-considered my purchase of six weeks ago and put my money aside for the later purchase of PD15. But, of course, no such forthright and transparently-honest reference appeared on ANY of the SEVERAL CyberLink website pages which formed the chain from 'product promotion' to 'purchase'.

The lack of reference to imminency of a new version of a particular piece of software is NOT dishonesty on the part of CyberLink but it IS nevertheless a questionable omission no doubt motivated by monetary consideration(s).

Having now lost my 'CyberLink Cherry', as it were, I will not be so gullible a second time. Nobody likes to feel they've been had; and CyberLink won't be 'having me' again.

Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Now, before anyone from the company jumps in with 'the party-line' on the topic of update/upgrade policy,

They won't it's usrs only here.smile

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 15. 2016 02:53

BRUNO T. [Avatar]
Member Location: France Joined: May 06, 2016 06:15 Messages: 61 Offline
[Post New]
just received a mail from CL proposing an interesting update to Director Suite 5 for the full package. In addition we can use the "member10" coupon for 10% rebate when you have subscribed to CL.
an overall great price for 142 E...

but I just saw too on the forum that the PD15 perf on the timeline are not good...
So will wait for more information on that, and if needed, to be fixed by the new release. I7 950, 10 Go Ram, GTX960, SSD 256, HD 2 To, with professional music devices.
PD 14 since dec 2015.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: just received a mail from CL proposing an interesting update to Director Suite 5 for the full package. In addition we can use the "member10" coupon for 10% rebate when you have subscribed to CL.

but I just saw too on the forum that the PD15 perf on the timeline are not good...
So will wait for more information on that, and if needed, to be fixed by the new release.
Being that Powerdirector 15 was just released on September 13, 2016, I think it is too early to really know the new version.

Powerdirector is a very high learning curve, New versions have to be relearned.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 15. 2016 08:50

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

BRUNO T. [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sure I agree,
but before be a PD users I made video assembling for some years with other solutions.

I'm really pleased with PD 14. But when some users who were working with PD14, install and launch PD15 and found some low perf. on the TL, that's not a question of learning curve.

of course the best way is to get my PD15 upgrade and check all these points by myself.
But the least I would expect fpr PD15 is to have better perf on its own engine and with the use of GPU. The least I would expect in 2016 ! I7 950, 10 Go Ram, GTX960, SSD 256, HD 2 To, with professional music devices.
PD 14 since dec 2015.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Sure I agree,
but before be a PD users I made video assembling for some years with other solutions.

I'm really pleased with PD 14. But when some users who were working with PD14, install and launch PD15 and found some low perf. on the TL, that's not a question of learning curve.

of course the best way is to get my PD15 upgrade and check all these points by myself.
But the least I would expect fpr PD15 is to have better perf on its own engine and with the use of GPU. The least I would expect in 2016 !
Performance is dependant on so many factors, It is a little like comparing apples to oranges.

I think to really determine, you would have to use the same material and the same output file to compare between different versions of Powerdirector.

Now I know that PD 14 did not handle a two hour (closer to three hours) or more 1080i H.264 13Mbps M2TS as well as PD 13 did. Using the same computer and the same input media.

PD 14 was slow to respond, and I got a lot of computer not responding (Wait long enough, it continues). Happened in PD13 also, just not as bad. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

BRUNO T. [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yeah, clearly when I dragg the cursor on PD14, the time lien should respond really faster.
I had experience in the past with Liquid Edition and Edius Neo and they were much more responsive.

But PD14 is really pleasant in its features, efficient and straight forward to be used, for the my use case, producing video assembly for travel, hiking etc.
But my movies are quiet short, no more than 30 mn. I7 950, 10 Go Ram, GTX960, SSD 256, HD 2 To, with professional music devices.
PD 14 since dec 2015.
Carl312
[Post New]
Quote: Yeah, clearly when I dragg the cursor on PD14, the time lien should respond really faster.
I had experience in the past with Liquid Edition and Edius Neo and they were much more responsive.

But PD14 is really pleasant in its features, efficient and straight forward to be used, for the my use case, producing video assembly for travel, hiking etc.
But my movies are quiet short, no more than 30 mn.
You can sometimes increase the response by lowering the preview resolution.

Which is why I use 'High" preview rather than HD or full HD. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

YNLExposure
Member Location: Nevada Joined: Sep 25, 2011 18:14 Messages: 65 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: just received a mail from CL proposing an interesting update to Director Suite 5 for the full package. In addition we can use the "member10" coupon for 10% rebate when you have subscribed to CL.

So will wait for more information on that, and if needed, to be fixed by the new release.
Being that Powerdirector 15 was just released on September 13, 2016, I think it is too early to really know the new version.

Powerdirector is a very high learning curve, New versions have to be relearned.

In the past, up through PD13, it has not been a high learning curve, certainly no need to 'relearn'??!! Much more powerful, but Adobe Premiere Pro CC has a tough learning curve.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
This thread is in the PowerDirector 15 forum and if you have a point to raise about PDR15, please start a new topic with a subject heading that relates to the contents of your post.
Thread closed.
Dafydd