Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
"Youcam does not support this resolution" message completely shuts down Youcam. Solution?
FrancoisT [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 26, 2010 15:03 Messages: 115 Offline
[Post New]
Normally I've just been fooling around with Youcam 7 Deluxe. I've been using it on my external monitor connected to my laptop. The other day, the first time I actually was really counting on using it, I was using the laptops display. I got this message "Youcam does not support this resolution". And that was it. No amount of uninstall or reinstall could get around it. On the web I saw one who said maybe it had something to do with the laptops display resolution but no amount of changing it got around error message. Not clear in the error message if the resolution they refer to is for laptop display or camera resolution or capture resolution? I finally had to give up using it at all.Thanks for assistance with this.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Aug 26. 2016 16:30

sumerJ [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Nov 28, 2013 05:37 Messages: 377 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Francois,
What's your laptop screen resolution and dpi setting?
FrancoisT [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 26, 2010 15:03 Messages: 115 Offline
[Post New]
It was
1280x800
then I tried
1024x768
800x600
none worked. On your question of what dpi I couldn't see where it said dpi for the monitor. I did adjust % down to 100 when it was 175% and for the 1st time youcam would open without that error message. So thanks for pointing in this direction. Very, very vague error message.