Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can't normalize audio//Solved
boongsong [Avatar]
Contributor Location: Arvin, CA Joined: May 18, 2010 14:48 Messages: 482 Offline
[Post New]
Yesterday, and again today, when I imported some video clips and wanted to normalize the audio, that option is greyed-out.

What can I do to get that option back?

Tried to get snapshot but can't.

Tell me what additional info you need.

Thanks.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 23. 2016 16:48

Jack
PD 14.0.2302.0 HP h8-1280t, Intel Core i7-3820, CPU 3.60Hzm 64-bit, 10GB mem, 1 TB hard drive
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Normalize only works if you have at least 2 clips with audio and they are on the same track. It is grayed out on any track without at least say 2 video clips and both contains audio.
boongsong [Avatar]
Contributor Location: Arvin, CA Joined: May 18, 2010 14:48 Messages: 482 Offline
[Post New]
Hmmm. Didn't know that.
Thanks for the info.
Jack
PD 14.0.2302.0 HP h8-1280t, Intel Core i7-3820, CPU 3.60Hzm 64-bit, 10GB mem, 1 TB hard drive
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Normalize only works if you have at least 2 clips with audio and they are on the same track. It is grayed out on any track without at least say 2 video clips and both contains audio.

Not really.

The audio mixing room (F9) works on a track basis, so "Normalize" functionality there works on a track. So yes, one needs more than one audio clip on the given track so "Normalize" has meaning and functionality.

If you want a more generic normalize functionality to normalize audio across multiple single clips on a single or multiple tracks, just select two or more audio based clips and right mouse click "Normalize Audio" for track to track or clip to clip normalize of two or more clips on one or multiple tracks.

Jeff
[Thumb - PD14_audio_normalize.png]
 Filename
PD14_audio_normalize.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
288 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
78 time(s)