Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can Moovielive and Remix be permanently disabled?
Arcanum777 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 03, 2008 03:14 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I would very much like to get rid of these two features altogether, but would settle for a way to permanently disable them. I am tired of these features disrupting my movie watching every time the program decides it needs to activate some aspect of them.

Thanks

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 17. 2008 03:37

Kincaid [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 13, 2008 12:39 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I would very much like to get rid of these two features altogether, but would settle for a way to permanently disable them. I am tired of these features disrupting my movie watching every time the program decides it needs to activate some aspect of them.

Thanks

If you dig into the Windows registry, yes. You can also remove the tabs in the settings altogether. Wouldn't it be nice if they simply gave you the option within the UI rather than forcing the annoyance on you or you having to dig into your registry to remove the garbage?

Maybe if you send in a support ticket they might take the time to acknowledge and respond to one of them. *guffaw*

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Dec 17. 2008 07:37

Tedd [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 13, 2008 09:24 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
It would be REALY nice to disable this SPAM...

Would like to see a HowTo on this...

Tedd
Tedd [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 13, 2008 09:24 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
After some digging....

Powerdvd opens this url: http://www.moovielive.com/gears_app/opening_page.html and loads some SPAM...
EVEN if you have told the appliction to NOT connect to the internet and download information!!!

Bad dog Cyberlink!!!! BAD DOG!!!

...so if you add www.moovielive.com to your host file, edit some flags in the registry.. Then it should stop the spam...

Add "127.0.0.1 www.moovielive.com" to C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file

I do NOT take any responsability for what YOU do to your computers registry, but here are the keys i found and edited from 1 to 0.

-------------cyberSpam.reg------------------------

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cyberlink\PowerDVD9]
"UIAutoConnect"=dword:00000000
"UI_PopupRatingDialog"=dword:00000000
"UI_MLiveAutoLogin"=dword:00000000
"UI_MLiveEnableFeature"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CyberLink\PowerDVD9]
"EnableMovieLibrary"=dword:00000000
"EnableMovieRemix"=dword:00000000
"UIAutoConnect"=dword:00000000

--------------------------------------------------