Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Off topic sorry - advice from GH4 users please.
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 09. 2016 10:41

The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
H Longedge

I started off with a GH2 with 14-140 lens, and then I upgraded to GH4 Body only. The 14 140, in my opinion, is an excellent all rounder, achieving some excellent video quality. I did feel though, that I could get more impressive results by using other lenses to create more interesting projects.

To this end I bought three other lenses (not all at the same time) and now I can do most things I want. Firstly, I purchased an Olympus 60mm 2.8 Macro which is a lovely light lens that takes some great video. Then, the Panasonic 45-175 F4 powered zoom. This lens takes great video, I just wish it was a bit wider, however, I am still very pleased with it. As you will appreciate, a remote control is essential to avoid any movement during the zoom. I use a Datavideo RMC 200.

Lastly, there was something missing from my work, and I finally realised it was wide shots that I needed to complete the bag. I went for a Tokina 11-16 2.8. This lens does a very good job, but is a bit heavier than the 14-140.

On very bright days I was having problems taking clips with the aperture wide open for the best blurred background effect so I decided to invest in a Hoya 77mm Variable ND filter with an adaptor ring for the 14-140 62mm.

Now as far as I am concerned I have everything I need.

I hope this bit of info helps you, if not just come back.

By the way your Avatar gives me the creeps

Robert Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Longedge,
I thought I should add a bit on this thread. I have no problem with this type of topic, while it is on the fringes of being to do with PowerDirector, your (our cameras are) camera is the source of the material you edit (in PowerDirector).

It is as much "off topic" as the chatter about "what card" to put in a computer which is used to edit video using PowerDirector.

Just thought I'd add my opinion and support.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 15. 2016 04:23

Ray Mc [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 23, 2014 19:01 Messages: 61 Offline
[Post New]
using two gh4 with 14 to 42 and the 42 to 140 i think the second is....... They are handy with the remote start and zoom control. lense quality is good but high fstop. so not so good in low light...

the zoop controll is working decently on the 42 to 140 for around 80 dollars
Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]