Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Using "Theme Designer music" may lead to YouTube copyright claims
Kyle 40
Contributor Location: Cumbria Joined: Sep 06, 2013 14:14 Messages: 467 Offline
[Post New]
I know this has been covered in previous threads but I felt I needed to mention it again!

On several occasions, I've used CyberLink’s amazing Theme Designer plus the default music. However, a few days ago I received a YouTube warning about music Copyright !!!

The claim was about the music called "ilovemedia-es-Lively Piano-5505". I didn't even know that is what this piece of music is called. Interestingly enough, the claimant wanted to place advertisements on my video !sealed

I duly replied giving all the relevant details, my video, my photos and kind permission from those included in the video, music supplied by CyberLink,..... etc.

This piece of music and many more pieces, are supplied with the CyberLink software and I wonder if it would be possible for CyberLink to supply music details for all the music they have included with their software as it is common practice to include the name of the music in the end titles. innocent

Happy Ending ! YouTube have kindly replied and given me the OK to use the video.

It would be interesting to read about other claims against your own work.

Happy editingcool I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Kyle -

That's useful information for others whose videos are flagged when they use music provided with the Theme Designer/Style templates.

Here's some completely useless information, but I had a bee in my bonnet about a particular track. I knew I'd heard it before somewhere else... FOUND IT! WooHoo - my memory still works (sometimes).

The audio used for the Picture Frames template in Theme Designer/Magic Style is named "FotoFrame.wma" in C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\templates\PowerDirector Content Pack Essential\Styles\Picture_Frames

Where's is from? https://www.pond5.com/music/1/dancing-raindrops.html#1

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Kyle 40
Contributor Location: Cumbria Joined: Sep 06, 2013 14:14 Messages: 467 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Kyle -

That's useful information for others whose videos are flagged when they use music provided with the Theme Designer/Style templates.

Here's some completely useless information, but I had a bee in my bonnet about a particular track. I knew I'd heard it before somewhere else... FOUND IT! WooHoo - my memory still works (sometimes).

The audio used for the Picture Frames template in Theme Designer/Magic Style is named "FotoFrame.wma" in C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\templates\PowerDirector Content Pack Essential\Styles\Picture_Frames

Where's is from? https://www.pond5.com/music/1/dancing-raindrops.html#1

Cheers - Tony

Well done Tonylaughing Now we have 2 pieces of music we can still a name on, Yeaycool Just noticed the price for using this track !!!

I guess I should now go back to any videos that use this track and tell the world.

Anyone else find some names ?

Cheers all I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.