Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Problems loading previous PDS files after changing file names
jamesd1981 [Avatar]
Member Location: kilmarnock Joined: May 19, 2014 04:38 Messages: 78 Offline
[Post New]
Looking for advice on how i can get previous projects to load so i can redo them or change format etc

My only problems is with some projects when i first did the project and saved the PDS file, I stupidly used the orignal files with there default file names from the camera etc, having since then changed the file names to more practical specific names, when i click the PDS to load most of the files come up missing due to the changed file name

Anyone have any tricks to avoid having to do full re-edit ?
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Looking for advice on how i can get previous projects to load so i can redo them or change format etc

My only problems is with some projects when i first did the project and saved the PDS file, I stupidly used the orignal files with there default file names from the camera etc, having since then changed the file names to more practical specific names, when i click the PDS to load most of the files come up missing due to the changed file name

Anyone have any tricks to avoid having to do full re-edit ?
Do you get the Option of Browsing for the files when you open the Project file?

If you do, browse for those missing (black place holders) files.

I am guessing PD will be looking for the original names of the camera files.

Otherwise:

You will likely have to put the original file names back in the PDS file (make a backup first).

The only way for you to change the filenames of the original file is to use the Powerdirector Alis. In the media library, right click on the file you want an Alias for.

Of course the original files must have the original names.

Good Luck! Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.