Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Zoom in & Rotate Text & Photos to Regular Size
cik56 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 19, 2006 15:23 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
I have been reading over many of the topics on this and looked at various videos am still very confused about what is the best and simpliest way to have text or photos zoom in to full size from a small object to its regular size. I've seen some transitions on other programs that allow the test phrase or photo to zoom in and rotate into its normal size.

I've tried Ease in and Ease out keyframe feature but the size doesn't change (unless I've done something wrong). I've also tried Magic Motion but that seems to Zoom in on a particular area of the photo which is not what I want.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Highlight the clip. Hit Modify. PIP opens and you have full control on resizing to a near dot size at the beginning to full screen and stay at full screen for the duration of the clip. Apply rotation the same way.
cik56 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 19, 2006 15:23 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
Can you provide more detailed instructions or a video clip since I am a newbie. This Ease In Ease Out video was NOT helpful - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHoqY-dM1Uw#t=67

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 25. 2016 11:42

Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
Easing in and out is a way of controlling the way in which transformations or movements happen. If for example you move an object from a to b then it looks more natural if it starts slow and accelerates and slows down to a stop i.e. eases in and out.

You don't set the start and finish positions using 'easing' you control how the movement thast you have defined occurs.
Richmond Dan
Senior Contributor Location: Richmond, VA Joined: Aug 07, 2014 17:17 Messages: 673 Offline
[Post New]
Check out this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq1HsYuGbhg

If you are a newbie, then watching more of PowerDirector University videos should be helpful. Regards,
Dan
Power Director 21-Ultimate
v 21.0.3111.0
XPS-8940, Win-10 64-bit,
Intel Core i9-10900 processor
(10 core, 20M Cache),
32GB DDR4 RAM, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVME SSD, 2TB 7200 RPM SATA HDD,
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi cik56 -

Here's a little toot that shows the basics of setting keyframes to zoom text, images & video.

If you follow the simple steps, it's hard to go wrong:

1. Size and position the "thing" as you want it to finish - before you start keyframing

2. Add position & scale keyframes at the start - then the end

3. Add position and keyframes where you want the zoom to stop.

4. Go to the first scale keyframe and resize the "thing to minimum.

I didn't include adding rotation, but that's only one extra step.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!