Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
objects on motion paths have jerky motion.
Kimsie [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 19, 2016 09:23 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
Has anyone else had problems with jerky motion of objects? It looks maddening to watch at full screen (I have tried it with both MPEG-2 and Windows media with the same results. Whether I use the postcards theme or put object in motion in pip designer the result is the same. I have a Dell inspiron i5 6400 with Windows 10. Thanks

I have put an example clip on Youtube. Maybe it isn't jerky on other computers?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 24. 2016 18:02

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
That MM clip you post on YT has a variable frame rate and appears jerky. That is something I have not seen produced with PowerDirector. You may want to check your Pref settings(ntsc or pal), Produce settings, etc.

Try producing to mp4 without any Hardware acceleration and no hardware encoding to see if it solves the problem.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Kimsie -

I agree with tomasc - and you!

Some parts of the postcards Theme Designer template do have a bit of jerkiness about them, & it's not difficult to generate the same sort of thing with motion in PiP Designer.

The format & profile chosen for production will have a big impact on how much that's minimised. Along with tomasc's suggestion, I'd use a reasonably "sturdy" bitrate too... at least (say) 16Mbps

Here's a quick postcards production on YouTube - produced to MP4 1280x720/30p @ 16Mbps... https://youtu.be/mvuyFfzqfkI

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Kimsie [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 19, 2016 09:23 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
Changing to Mp4 at 60p with 24 mbps helps a lot but there is still some room for improvement.

I don't understand the part about no "Hardware acceleration and no hardware encoding".