Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
LUTS, LUTS and more LUTS
Kyle 40
Contributor Location: Cumbria Joined: Sep 06, 2013 14:14 Messages: 467 Offline
[Post New]
Before I go one I must tell you all that I'm not advertising Film Riot, I just find their video productions, extremley informativeinnocent

One of the latest Film Riot videos Perfecting Your Image in Post deals with the use of LUTS Cinematic LUTs . The list of software which they claim is compatible actually includes CyberLink ColorDirector 4.cool

A good while ago a topic in this forum dealt with Luts and how to find them. I just thought this could be helpful for those out there who may not have heard about this company, well now you havecool

Happy editing all

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 23. 2016 09:31

I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
Del82 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 08, 2016 09:09 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Can colordirector 4 adjust the LUTs intensity? I cannot find the option to do this.
Kyle 40
[Post New]
Quote: Can colordirector 4 adjust the LUTs intensity? I cannot find the option to do this.

Hi Del82

I'm not an expert on LUTS but I'm sure that you can only APPLY a LUT using ColorDirector. However, once you've applied the LUT you can fine tune your video using ColorDirector. It does work.

Hope that helps you

Cheers I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
Del82 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: Can colordirector 4 adjust the LUTs intensity? I cannot find the option to do this.

Hi Del82

I'm not an expert on LUTS but I'm sure that you can only APPLY a LUT using ColorDirector. However, once you've applied the LUT you can fine tune your video using ColorDirector. It does work.

Hope that helps you

Cheers

Thanks Kyle. I found out that we are not able to adjust the intensity of the luts.
Del82 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I just did a comparison between Resolve and Colordirector 4 for LUTs result. It turns out there is an obvious oversaturated color patches for colordirector 4 result, Resolve result is perfectly fine.

See the attachment image, there is a layer of color at the blue sky which forms an outer rings. The problem gets worst when there are darker spot in the video. The same thing did not happen if I use Resolve to apply the same LUTs. How did it happen?
[Thumb - Gopro image 2.jpg]
 Filename
Gopro image 2.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
157 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
128 time(s)
Kyle 40
[Post New]
Quote: I just did a comparison between Resolve and Colordirector 4 for LUTs result. It turns out there is an obvious oversaturated color patches for colordirector 4 result, Resolve result is perfectly fine.

See the attachment image, there is a layer of color at the blue sky which forms an outer rings. The problem gets worst when there are darker spot in the video. The same thing did not happen if I use Resolve to apply the same LUTs. How did it happen?

Ummm, very interesting. The only time I've seen something similar is when the resoloution of the srceen display doen't match the output image! Apart from that, maybe one of the more technical guys can give an answer.

I would expect Resolve to finalise a better image, after all there software/equipment is in the high end of post production as used in many Hollywood films.

Cheers I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
Kyle 40
[Post New]
Quote: I just did a comparison between Resolve and Colordirector 4 for LUTs result. It turns out there is an obvious oversaturated color patches for colordirector 4 result, Resolve result is perfectly fine.

Just a thought Del, have you tried other Luts ? I'm only asking as there are several that offer slight differences, you may be able to find one and then finish the tweaking in PD14.

Here is a link to another thread where PIX suggests more to do with * Luts *

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 01. 2016 07:16

I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.