Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Color Board Issue
[Post New]
I am sure this is a basic question. But I have been busy and not doing anything with my PD for quite awhile and for the life of me I can not figure out how to change the opacity of the color board. I want to actually put the lyrics to the song that's being sung on top of the colorboard with the singers just showing through slightly. Does that make sense?

here's a link to show you what I want to do but I don't want the "mask" quite that dense. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlQ2PgQeWmQ

I am using PD on W10.

Thanks for any input,

Patsy W10 on Dell Desktop, 64 bit, 32GB RAM, Intel(R)Core(TM) I5- 3350P CPU, 3.10 Ghz, 1 TB HD, free space - 200 GB
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
Highlight the colour board on your timeline and then click on 'Modify'. You can how change the opacity of the item and also uncheck the 'Maintain aspect ratio' option. Having done that you can re-size the colour board to whatever size and aspect ratio to suit your needs.
[Post New]
Quote: Highlight the colour board on your timeline and then click on 'Modify'. You can how change the opacity of the item and also uncheck the 'Maintain aspect ratio' option. Having done that you can re-size the colour board to whatever size and aspect ratio to suit your needs.

Thanks for responding. I did do that and can't get the opacity to change. It looks exactly the same after messing with it. Maybe I am missing a step?? W10 on Dell Desktop, 64 bit, 32GB RAM, Intel(R)Core(TM) I5- 3350P CPU, 3.10 Ghz, 1 TB HD, free space - 200 GB
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Try this: Put your video is on track 1. Color board is placed under the video on track 2 of the timeline. Title is on the title track. Highlight the color board and hit Modify/Properties/Object Settings/Opacity is at 100%. Change it to 18%.

Let us know if you placed the color board on a track with a higher track number than the video. It works for me. laughing
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Patsy -

Here's a pictorial version of what Longedge & tomasc are describing...

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Thanks to all for the responses. Been busy seeing my boy graduate from Army Basic Training!! So hopefully I can get back to regular life and get busy trying some of your all suggestions.
Patsy W10 on Dell Desktop, 64 bit, 32GB RAM, Intel(R)Core(TM) I5- 3350P CPU, 3.10 Ghz, 1 TB HD, free space - 200 GB
[Post New]
Thanks went in and tried it and it works!! W10 on Dell Desktop, 64 bit, 32GB RAM, Intel(R)Core(TM) I5- 3350P CPU, 3.10 Ghz, 1 TB HD, free space - 200 GB