Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 12: Need to produce WMV 1024 X 768
ASN123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 21, 2016 08:54 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

My input files (captured on PC) are 1024 X 768 AVI.

I need to edit and produce WMV 1024 X 768.

How do I specify custom pixels while producing?

Thanks- Anjali
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Anjali -

To do that requires a custom WMV profile, which cannot be created within PDR12. There are two attached - PAL & NTSC - that will produce 1024x768 videos (4:3). I made them with a video bitrate of 10Mbps - just guessed.

To use them in PDR12, you need to put the .prx files in C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector12\Language\Enu\Profiles - or whichever Language folder is appropriate for your PDR12.

Cheers - Tony
 Filename
WMV 9 1024x768 10Mbps -NTSC.prx
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
6 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
386 time(s)
 Filename
WMV 9 1024x768 10Mbps -PAL.prx
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
6 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
375 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
ASN123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you very much. This is very helpful.
If possible, may I also have one for 800 X 600 WMV?

- Anjali
ASN123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Tony,
I figured out how to make PRX file for WMV. Your tutorials at PDtoots were very helpful. Thanks. After a bit of struggle, I managed and I am all set for now.

P.S.: To those of you who wish to make your own profiles: I had to download Windows Media Encoder to get the Windows Media Profile Editor. After I had the editor, it was kind of easy. Although I could not just copy and modify a current profile in Profile directory. It kept giving me error that I did not have proper permissions to copy into Profile directory. Had to Export the new profile in some other directory and then copy it into Profile directory. While copying, I again got the same error, but I clicked on 'Continue' and it did copy the new profile into Profile directory and then showed up while Producing the file.