Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 14 will not install on Widows 10
Ramjet [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 18, 2016 16:28 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I recieved a new laptop and PowerDirector 14 Ultimate suite yesterday. I first updated windows 10 then attempted to install PD14.

I get th following error message:

"This proccess cannot continue because the Microsoft visual C++ 2008 REdistributable Package SP1 (x64)

install was unsuccessful... the installation will now abort."

My system has visual C++ 2012 installed so it seems PD is trying to install an older version?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

My system is an Asus N552VW i7-6700HQ

16GB ddr ram. Geforce GTX 960 video card.

Thanks for any replies

Rod

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 18. 2016 17:57

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
It is not that it is an older version.

Microsoft visual C++ REdistributable Packages come in several different versions none are upgrades of earlier versions. If a program needs the 2008 version, that version must be installed on the computer.

You may need to install this version, it is supposed to be Windows 10 compatible.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=2092

After you have the Redistributable package installed, run the Powerdirector 14 installer again. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Ramjet [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 18, 2016 16:28 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you Carl.

I should have said that I tried to install the visualC++ as you advise but it would not install either.

After trying many times using different methods it seems PA 14 is now installing. Very strange that it wouldn't install after a dozen attempts but then it did.

Thank you for your reply.
Janniebananie4 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 03, 2016 14:23 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I just had the same issue installing PD 15. I got the same Visual C++ warning, and I, too, was unable to install that.

All of this was becoming very frustrating, but I tried installing it for a sixth or seventh time on a whim and.. voila! It still gave me the Visual C++ warning (this time at 97% instead of 2% installed), but continued to completion anyway. Go figure!

What a headache!