Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Suddenly couldn't render using 'Hardware Video Encoder'
[Post New]
Hi All

A weird thing just happened that I can't explain.

I am using PD 14 Ultimate, I have just upgraded my GPU to a 'new to me' Radeon R9 290

I am really pleased with it ...it works brilliantly and has reduced render time by 25% over using the CPU alone.

The previous card was a Radeon HD 6970 and rendering took actually longer using the GPU than just the CPU.

Anyway I have been doing a project of a family holiday and adding a bit each day ...it consists of lots of 1080p footage,some 720p some still pics and lots of songs and subtitles and lots of lighting correction sound correction etc etc

Each night this week I have done a render using the 'H.264 AVC setting at 1920x1080 30p (16mps) selection and the MP4 setting (I will be burning the finished project to a bluray) and I have been able to select the 'Fast video rendering and 'Hardware video encoder buttons....which like I say has speeded things up alot.

HOWEVER I have just tried to do the same after todays work and it now wont let me select the buttons!

All I have added today is alot more subtitles ..up from about 7 to about 30 and sorted out some out of sync stuff and added a song....nothing else has changed.

I can select the buttons if I use MKV instead of MP4 and I can also select them if I use other codecs like XAVS.

Why wont it let me select them now in the MP4 H.264 setting and yet it would last night and every other time?

Also what format would you recommend for producing 1080p 60fps or 30fps footage ready to burn to a bluray as thats what most of my work will be.

Thanks in advance

Tom