Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Help with burning DVD in HD Quality
Bob Mc [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 24, 2009 20:50 Messages: 39 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, I'm using PD13 and I'm having issues creating a DVD in HD Quality.. I've created my content, which is basically a slideshow of pictures, (about 21 of them, some music and intro title) and when I select the option create disc I select DVD Video. Which apparently is SD version. I've attempted to use AVCHD, and it burns the DVD, however when I attempt to play it on my computer it ask for a Blueray player. Basically what I'm doing is providing my client with a DVD slideshow of her senior pictures and I'd like for it to play in HD since the SD looks pretty crappy when comparing. I could do the produce option, however I'm not sure if I copy over the produced file, whatever I would use, to a DVD if it would simply play on most DVD players.. Another concern of using the produce option is that seems like it would be easier for someone to screen grab a still and print it. I know it's still possible to rip the DVD, but I don't necessarily want to make any easier for that to happen..

Any advice here would be greatly appreciated! Thanks,Bob PD15
Dell Studio XPS 9100 Desktop
Win 10 x64
32Gb Memory
Intel i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz Quad Core
ATI Radeon HD 5670 -1Gb Mem
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
You have discovered that all DVDs are designed to be SD.
An AVCHD DVD is HD but needs a BR player. What you can do is give them BOTH HD and SD on the same DVD!
It's easy but you'll need either Power2Go (free version is on Cyberlink Site) or similar disc burning software.
What you get is a playable DVD, but if the user browses the disc with a computer they will find original data such as the photos, and any format of the SD or HD media you created.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrfVYjnaXoE HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Bob Mc [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 24, 2009 20:50 Messages: 39 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Barry!! That's some great info and the video helps a lot too!!

I did have a follow up question though..

When the disc is inserted into a DVD player will it auto play one version (SD or HD) based on the DVD player's ability or does the end user get a menu option or how does that work? Or is that different for different DVD players.. I'm trying to be a generic as possible, which means so I don't have to make one for grandma who has an old player and auntie who has the latest and greatest.. Which your idea seems to resolve that, but getting the content to play would be my next concern..

Thanks!
Bob PD15
Dell Studio XPS 9100 Desktop
Win 10 x64
32Gb Memory
Intel i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz Quad Core
ATI Radeon HD 5670 -1Gb Mem