Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
linking text boxes
[Post New]
Hi All

I have created a title made up of text in 2 text boxes...i needed to do it this way as they had to be one under the other and very close together ...even closer than I could get by altering vertical spacing/kerning between 2 lines.

I now want to link them together so I can do a pan/zoom with them.

Is there a way to link them together so they behave as one object?

I have tried trying to drag a box around them as I would in photoshop but it doesnt seem to work

Any pointers greatly appreciated

Tom

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 09. 2016 06:39

The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Could you possibly produce just the boxes together as an MP4 and then keyframe then as necessary?

Robert Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
[Post New]
Hi Robert

thanks for that...yes good thinking ...just did it...certainly seems a clunky way to do it though...PD has some good points but also some foibles.

Tom
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Tom -

You could try this - I just did & it seems to do what you're asking. The text boxes can't be linked but...

1. Format Title 1 as you wish with position/scale/rotation/opacity keyframes

2. Copy the formatted title and paste it in another track (they both behave the same because they're duplicates)

3. Modify Title 2 by changing position keyframes - e.g. slightly lower on the screen

4. Modify whatever other keyframes you wish in Title 2

Doing that you have two titles that move together, which is what you're after.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Hi Tony.

Thanks for that ...good advice and am taking all it all in.

Wish PD would make things easier though ...a simple 'drag a box round boxes to combine' surely wouldn't be too hard to incorporate