Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Producing Movie stuck at 92%
John [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 10, 2008 23:58 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
I've tried to burn a project, and it keeps getting stuck at 92%. This has happened at least three times over the past three days. It says "producing titles", doesn't give any error messages, but stays at 92%.

This worked before using the same project. The only change was I modified the menu and zoomed in (all the way left, so no zoom) on the main and chapter pages.

Also. I have both Burn to disc and Create a DVD Folder selected.

Thanks for any advise or help to get me to 100%.
Jim Clark [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 21, 2008 18:40 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
Same thing with me. However, when I changed the write speed of the drive to a lower speed (6.0), it burned fine.

Some drives work better than others with PD7. I have a TSSTcorp SATA connection... some off brand. I've heard that HP's work good. Some don't work well, but I don't know which ones.

Good luck with this.

Jim Clark Jim Clark
Walker [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 19, 2008 18:57 Messages: 97 Offline
[Post New]

I really think it's better only to create a video folder and then actually burn that with some good burning software like Nero. If you burn disks, Nero is by far the best burning software out there. Although it's not cheap (like $79 on sale now but that covers you for all updates on the current main version and gives you a discount for a new major version if that comes out). Nero Vision that comes with the package is a really handy thing to have around as well.

I think you meant the failure is at 92% of the producing stage before the burn starts though. I've had the same thing where I've made a tiny change and then get a producing failure when writing the DVD files.

Things to try:
-Turn off any Antivirus or security software
-Close everything else that's running
-Defrag your hard drive
-Make sure nothing like Indexing or Superfetch is going off with Hard Drive activity
-Go into your "Documents" folder (with display hidden files on) and delete all the temporary folders that were created during the last failed attempt. There will be one hidden folder called "ShadowEditFiles", a folder called "audio.tmp" and one or more folders that all look like "Jmw41FC.tmp"

Good Luck