Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Help with Audio Editing ...SOLVED
[Post New]
I've been unable to get any audio editing to work since I upgraded from PD 11 a year ago to PD 13. The Wave Editor just hasn't been working. I've been working around it, but the project I'm working on now really needs it. I can't pull it up from within the program, so I tried going to the program and opening it that way... No luck. So I downloaded a new version and when I tried to set it up, I got a message that says the app has been blocked and nothing I can do will unblock it (I've tried every fix I found on the net, but nothing has worked). At one point, I was able to get past that error message and thought i had it, but then I got the message "cannot load Skrset.Skr".

After spending hours on this, I've about decided to break down and purchase the full version of 14 PD Ultimate Suite just to get audio director 6. Problem is though, I'm running pretty low on OS space (95 GB and 88 is used) so the program would not be happy living there . However, I do have two 465GB Data drives (D & E) that have plenty of space and are visible in File Explorer.

My question is can I Install PowerDirector 14 Ulitimate Suite on one of those drives rather then my SSD drive? Will it run successfully do you think? I just don't know enough about the inner workings of the computer to know this.

My computer is about 3 years old, and is an Asus Rog G750JH. It's a pretty powerful gamer computer...which I needed since I'm working with video so much. Love the graphics capability...but the partitioned drives have me baffled... Hate running out of space on such a great computer. Oh, and I'm running Windows 10 if that matters...

So what do you think? Thanks in advance for any help I can get. ;

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jul 05. 2016 04:59

Dustie
I'm still working on it....
OveDe [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 22, 2013 08:31 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
I tried Cyberlink's Wave Editor and found it quite useless for my needs. For most of my audio editing I use Wavepad from NCH, plus Audacity for swapping channels when my stereo mic was hanging upside down under the ceiling.

Ove
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
On my system the app is located at :

ProgramFiles(x86)\CyberLink\WaveEditor\WaveEditor.exe

And it executes from there. Win 10, i7
[Post New]
HDedit, that's where my wave editor is too, but it will not execute.
Ove, I like being able to click on the music and have it come up in my Editor. I'm working with speaking so need to make sure it syncs with the video well, so a program integrated with Power Director would work best for me.

Dustie Dustie
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
Mine opens with no issues. I suggest you may be missing some files. Perhaps a re-install will help ? Win 10, i7
[Post New]
HDedit, thanks for trying to help.

Problem is, to free up space in my C drive I deleted 9 when I upgraded to 13. In order to reinstall, wouldn't I have to reinstall 9 and then reinstall 13? I'm wondering if upgrading to 14 wouldn't be the best way to go and I'd get the upgraded audio program.

But no one has answered if I can upload 14 to my D drive rather then my C drive I have to find out that answer first. I might post a separate post asking that question. Dustie
All vodi
[Post New]
Generally, Win 10 likes to have all the apps running in the same partition where Win 10 resides. PD is also best in the same partition. It's user data files however can be anywhere on the system. Win 10, i7
All vodi
[Post New]
To answer one of your questions: no, you do not need PD9 and PD13 to upgrade to PD14. PD13 will do. Win 10, i7
[Post New]
HDedit, you had suggested I try a reinstall of 13 since I seem to be missing something. it was the reinstalling that I was thinking I would need PD 9 on my computer to do, since 13 was an upgrade. I would, wouldn't I? Dustie
All vodi
[Post New]
You may not need PD9 since 13 is already resident and is activated. It's certainly worth a try. If PD13 re-install does not work, you can re-install PD9 without all the content files to minimize space temporarily. After the update you can remove PD9 again. Win 10, i7
[Post New]
I'll give it a try.... Dustie
[Post New]
Cant figure out how to reinstall. It was download version. I did buy the discs but they don't seem to have an install. They are just discs with with files on them.
Dustie
All vodi
[Post New]
The main app file should look something like this :

CyberLink_PowerDirector13_Ultimate_VDE140717

You do not need any of the content packs at this time. Win 10, i7
[Post New]
Actually, I think I found the answer to my problem. I found a new full copy of PD 13 Ultimate Suite for a good price. This give me all I want. I will then delete all of PD 13 on my C drive and I'll then have more then enough space to load this program, and at the same time I'll see if I can't figure out how to load the content packs onto the D drive so I'm not using up so much space on my OS.

It also puts me in a good place to upgrade later on, since then I can upgrade to another suite in order to stay on top of the audio upgrades. So in the long run, it will save me money since an upgrade will be less then buying a full suite when I'm ready to upgrade. A win/win in my book I think.

Thanks for all your help HDedit. You're a gem! Dustie
[Post New]
Sorry...was a repeat...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 05. 2016 04:58

Dustie
Richmond Dan
Senior Contributor Location: Richmond, VA Joined: Aug 07, 2014 17:17 Messages: 673 Offline
[Post New]
You said you'd delete all of PD13. I assume you meant "uninstall", not delete? Regards,
Dan
Power Director 21-Ultimate
v 21.0.3111.0
XPS-8940, Win-10 64-bit,
Intel Core i9-10900 processor
(10 core, 20M Cache),
32GB DDR4 RAM, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVME SSD, 2TB 7200 RPM SATA HDD,
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6
[Post New]
Richmond, yes, uninstall. ; Slip of the tongue... Thanks for double checking on me though.
Dustie