Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
3d titles missing
Kimsie [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 19, 2016 09:23 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
I don't have any 3d titles except for the default, and that doesn't show any text in it when I open it. There are no character pesets and the text does not show up, neither the original text nor when I type in text. I assume that this is because the program can't find what it needs to make the 3D charactoers because I installed my program on a different drive than the default one.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Kimsie

Did you drag the 3D title down to the timeline and select MODIFY? It's all there for you.

Robert Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
Kimsie [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes, I did. There are no character presets and when I type nothing show up, but you can see the text box.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I don't have any 3d titles except for the default, and that doesn't show any text in it when I open it.

There never was any 3d titles installed in my PD14 tag. There is only one 3d like title and it works. That is probably what you called the 3d title. See the attached for instructions.
[Thumb - 3D-Like title.jpg]
 Filename
3D-Like title.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
In Title Designer click first in the text box shown and start typing.
 Filesize
141 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
26 time(s)
Kimsie [Avatar]
[Post New]
I meant to say 3D like title, not 3D title.

Yes, I already tried that. The text box shows, and the red cursor shows, but nothing else shows. I think I may have to reinstall the program.
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Have you by the smallest chance got the colour black selected for the text.

Check in the designer!!

Robert Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
Kimsie [Avatar]
[Post New]
The text color is white. I did check in the designer.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Kimsie -

It's difficult to work out what's happening there.

Try downloading & installing this template - http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/124831154 - it's just a modification of the "Default 3D" template in PDR.

After installation, does it show up like tomasc's screen shot? It should.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Kimsie,
Did you install PowerDirector and then the Content packs (which you should have downloaded and applied)?
Please provide details of what version you are using? See the Guide, Part A info please.
Link: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/45453.page
Dafydd
Kimsie [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Kimsie -

It's difficult to work out what's happening there.

Try downloading & installing this template - http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/124831154 - it's just a modification of the "Default 3D" template in PDR.

After installation, does it show up like tomasc's screen shot? It should.

Cheers - Tony

It installed and the thumbnail shows up with text but when I open the designer there is nothing in the white frame, and still no character presets.
Kimsie [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Kimsie,
Did you install PowerDirector and then the Content packs (which you should have downloaded and applied)?
Please provide details of what version you are using? See the Guide, Part A info please.
Link: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/45453.page
Dafydd

Powerdirector Ultra 14.0.2820.0

I did just yesterday install the 2 content packs, but as I mentioned before I have installed, or tried to install, the program on drive H (which is much larger), and not drive C (the default, but pretty full already), so I wonder if everything is there, but the program is not able to find it.
Kimsie [Avatar]
[Post New]
I received a reply from technical support. The problem is resolved. In case this happens to anyone else, I just needed to update my graphics card driver.

Thanks!
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Kimsie - Thank you for the feedback. Let us know what video card you have that had the problem. This will help others as we did not ask for a Dxdiag.txt on your system.
Kimsie [Avatar]
[Post New]
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM v1.1)
Kimsie [Avatar]
[Post New]
It's probably obvious to you all that I'm not much of a computer person. I got the Powerdirector program to make some educational videos of pruning demonstrations for a non-profit group I volunteer for! I'm having a lot of fun with it.