Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Additional Title Track
JesusisReal1 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Cedar Rapids IA Joined: Dec 15, 2006 23:51 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Hello Sir,

Please how could I add additional Title Track on PD 14 Aultra. Like making title to be like CNN. Scroll text under Third bottom Text

Thanks Blessing
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hello Sir,

Please how could I add additional Title Track on PD 14 Aultra. Like making title to be like CNN. Scroll text under Third bottom Text

Thanks
In PD 14 you can put a Title in any Track. It does not have to be in the Title Track. PD has up to 99 Tracks. You can put a Title in each track, if you wanted to.

Higher numbered tracks are displayed on top of lower numbered tracks. That can be changed somewhat with transparency. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Hi

If you can make sense of this screenshot it will give you an idea how to scroll the text across the screen like on the TV.

I found it a difficult subject to cover so I hope you can understand it.

The one problem I found is I DO NOT KNOW how to loop the text and would be interested to hear from anybody who does.

Robert
[Thumb - SCROLLTEXT.png]
 Filename
SCROLLTEXT.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
725 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
31 time(s)
Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
Richmond Dan
Senior Contributor Location: Richmond, VA Joined: Aug 07, 2014 17:17 Messages: 673 Offline
[Post New]
Great explanation, Robert! I haven't tried it, but I can see what you are doing. It takes a certain talent to explain a complex topic succinctly. Regards,
Dan
Power Director 21-Ultimate
v 21.0.3111.0
XPS-8940, Win-10 64-bit,
Intel Core i9-10900 processor
(10 core, 20M Cache),
32GB DDR4 RAM, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVME SSD, 2TB 7200 RPM SATA HDD,
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Dan

Thank you. I just hope that JesusisReal1 was able to understand what I was trying to explain. I think that it was something like this he was requesting - I hope so anyway.

Robert

Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Robert -

I think your annotated image was a great explanation of how elements can be layered. It can be a confusing concept, but your static tutorial clarifies it.

On looping - the trouble with trying to replicate a "dynamic" news broadcast, where elements can be switched on the fly is that we're dealing with producing a "fixed" video.

There's no way to loop scrolling text, except by copying & pasting then overlapping the titles. See attached image...

The main take-out for the OP is what Carl initially posted.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Scroll Loop.png]
 Filename
Scroll Loop.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
739 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
57 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
The Shadowman
[Post New]
Thanks, Tony.

Did you not read OPs as "how do I make scrolling text like on CNN" I thought he wanted advice on how to achieve that effect. Still never mind, it was a good exercise.

Robert Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
In reply to J.I.R1's query, I did a bit of thinking on how to loop a scrolled text(if that's what you're chasing, J.I.R1), The effect depends on the available time left toward the end of the video(I should point this out, a bit of mathematical calculation required) If the initial scroll is to be 15 seconds, this will be looped three times.

1. Open title room and select the default "My Title" or the the "end credit" title and apply it to the title track, enter in all the details.

2. If using the "My Title" default, you'll need to select the scroll effect from where the option is given, Text, Effect, Motion. If using either of the two "end Credits titles, the upward scroll(which you require) is already set.

3. When you've filled in the details as you need them and the scroll up effect is in place, copy(Ctrl+C) this and play the effect through to where the last line of text almost disappears off the top of the screen(should be around the 14-seconds mark), click on the empty video track above the title and paste(Ctrl+V) the title there(As Carl 312 says, the video track can double as an extra title track). Click on the title you've just pasted, fill in your new details, then play till the last line is almost gone(again around 14 seconds).

4. At the 14-second mark on that second lot of text, paste again on the title track(your original text will reappear, clear it and type in your new text). You should now have a looping scroll text.

As you've inserted the new "loop" at the 14-second mark, the total sequence should run 43 seconds. You'll have a scroll loopX3.

Hope this has been of use.

Cheers!

Neil.
The Shadowman
[Post New]
Neil

Reading your suggestion makes me think of Tony's suggestion,above. It seems exactly the same except in Tony's, the text scrolls across the screen bottom which I believe is what OP required. I have never seen the likes of "breaking news" on any TV station being scrolled upwards as you suggest. Useful, I suppose, if you are lying down after a good night out.

Robert Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Neil

Reading your suggestion makes me think of Tony's suggestion,above. It seems exactly the same except in Tony's, the text scrolls across the screen bottom which I believe is what OP required. I have never seen the likes of "breaking news" on any TV station being scrolled upwards as you suggest. Useful, I suppose, if you are lying down after a good night out.

Robert

Hi, Shadowman(Robert)!

What I suggested could be adapted for right-to-left scroll, and if the text is to be repeated,, just copy/paste the exact same text and have it loop 3 or more times, I was under the impression J.I.R1 wanted a kind of closing credit-like sequence. Just a thought!

Cheers!

Neil.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 25. 2016 02:02